Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
I don't understand why the wheel is spinning on my home screen in the status bar next to wifi. I removed all apps from multitasking and restarted the phone. Any ideas? Screenshot attached, I think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 2,196
Last edited:

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
This keeps happening to me. Its so annoying. Just turn your phone off and it will go away. It's not hurting your battery though.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
Glad I'm not the only one. I know it's definitely affecting battery life. I quit all my multitasking apps, checked the home screen, wheel was still spinning. Went to bed with around 30% battery, woke up with 11%. I usually only lose 5% or so a night without charging.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Usually something related to the App Store or some iCloud related media being stuck in some way. Try disabling iCloud for a bit and/or some App Store and iTunes settings (like automatic updates, downloads, etc.) and see if that might make a difference. Restarting the phone usually makes it go away for good or a long time, but perhaps that might not be the case for everyone it seems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.