Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

E.Lizardo

macrumors 68000
May 28, 2008
To your point...if you were going to a grocery store wouldn't you expect it to sell Milk? If it is something that is everywhere, don't you think a service that provides music should provide Christmas music during Christmas time?

I think he means PA systems playing the same 30 tired songs nonstop for 5 or six weeks. Since you can walk right past the milk it's not a very good analogy.
I love Christmas music myself but most pop versions are rubbish(Micheal Bolton White Christmas I'm looking at you). Not a big problem for me,other people seem to like it so I just deal with it.

Speaking of seeking it out,incredibly TWO radio stations in my city went 24/7 Christmas music right after Halloween! Wow!

----------

Eeek!

Classical holiday is the only station probably worth checking out. For me at least.

I agree,I've gotten so that's the kind I prefer,if only because I've heard all the good popular songs so many times.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
When my life is on the canadian iTunes, appletv's etc, its not super easy.

If I hand the remote to my wife and tell her if she wants to listen to iTunes radio, go, here, here and sign in with this username. And then if you want to listen to our stuff, go back and undo what you just did....results in a remote flying at my head.

This is apple, king of 'easy and streamlined', I should not have to jump through any hoops.

I agree!! We've been waiting over a year now for iTunes Radio. It just does not seem to be a priority for Apple. They are very much focused on their US and China now. It's understandable why they would focus on these markets, but the rest of us loyal customers end up waiting far past the promised deadlines...

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
When my life is on the canadian iTunes, appletv's etc, its not super easy.

If I hand the remote to my wife and tell her if she wants to listen to iTunes radio, go, here, here and sign in with this username. And then if you want to listen to our stuff, go back and undo what you just did....results in a remote flying at my head.

This is apple, king of 'easy and streamlined', I should not have to jump through any hoops.

I can understand that but things will only change when Apple and the record labels can come to an agreement on the who, what, when and where of licensing in countries outside of the US. So it's not really fair to point the finger at Apple for observing copyright laws.

----------

I agree!! We've been waiting over a year now for iTunes Radio. It just does not seem to be a priority for Apple. They are very much focused on their US and China now. It's understandable why they would focus on these markets, but the rest of us loyal customers end up waiting far past the promised deadlines...

Apple has not made any promises for any deadlines. They are working on establishing licensing deals with many other countries, something that isn't accomplished over night. Eddy Cue has made it clear it it's one of his top priorities to get iTunes radio overseas. Only time will tell. See the article here...

https://www.macrumors.com/2013/10/04/itunes-radio-may-be-coming-soon-to-canada/

NY Guitarist

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
the last thing anyone really needs to do is seek out Xmas music. is being inundated 24/7 everywhere by everybody not enough...?

I agree. Plus nearly all of the Xmas music I hear is being used to completely oversaturate everyone with marketing messages.

BUY! BUY! BUY! BUY! BUY!

BUY! BUY! BUY! BUY! BUY!

Explorz

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Quick Search?

"Only a handful of the stations are readily available in the Featured Stations section on the front of the iTunes Radio tab, but all of them can be found with a quick search."

For the life of me I can't find any way to search for radio stations that aren't featured. What am i missing?

Jeaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2009
Sweden
I'm pleased to hear that Apple is still adding things to iTunes Radio, since I think it suits my needs a lot better than Spotify or Beats music. I don't want to pay a fairly high monthly fee (compared to my usage) for a lot of music I don't listen to. But I would like a good radio service without ads that's based on my music taste.

Now they just need to bring the service to my country.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.