Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cherish

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2014
Are the power/volume buttons supposed to be slightly loose when you try to move it up and down with your thumb? No rattling noise when I shake it.

It only happens to the up volume button and power button. Lower volume button feels solid.

clickiphone

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2014
I think your phone has manufacturing error and need to report in Apple Store. This problem happens before in iPhone 5 series. You just need to go to the store and get a replacement.

Cherish

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2014
Is power button loose really a defect and it should be tight solid that can't be moved slightly? Just wondering cause I tried my sister iPhone 6 and some of the Apple store demo sets and they were loose too.

It doesn't make any rattle noise when I shake it, can only hear it if I tried to move the power button left and right with my thumb. Home button is solid though. Don't think I want to exchange another model and get the same problem again.

Jjt06530

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2014
Hey so Went to the Apple Store today and they told me it was normal . I asked him how could he be so sure and he handed over his own personal iphone for me to see and it did exactly the same thing , sorted although I do personally think for such an expensive device the buttons she be tighter and not wobbly . Anyway love my iPhone so I am going to try and forget about this little minor defect

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Does the buttons work?
If they all work then its normal and they wont replace or do anything about it.
If there is a defect and the button doesn't function then its a problem and will be serviced.
Stop wasting yours and everyone elses time over OCD stuff.
The Apple stores are crowded enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.