Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Guys,

at last, I had some time to play with the latest AR version under iOS8.1.

The the current version (1.0) of my tool

1, works fine for hiding/showing the icons. The only change is having to respring after switching, not just killing the Phone app, unlike under iOS6/7.

2, does NOT work for changing the app name (do NOT try changing the name of the app!!!!). Now, under iOS8, DEB-based applications (that is, ones installed by the standard Unix package manager, not Xcode or AppStore/iTunes), make use of the standard Info.plist files in the .app bundles. These Info.plist files are the same as the standard <appname>-Info.plist's in both source distros and archived binary app bundles (with the latter, without the <appname>- prefix), which means they have two easily modifiable values (via, say, iFile's Property Editor):

Bundle display name (CFBundleDisplayName): just change this (and respring) to change the on-springboard name of the app

Executable file (CFBundleExecutable)
: change this from the default AudioRecorder to anything else. For example, add any character to it (e.g., AudioRecorder1). After a respring, the AudioRecorder app will be completely hidden. Of course, it'll still record calls. Just change it back to “AudioRecorder” to show the app again on the SB.

All this means (in addition to AudioRecorder's now officially supporting getting rid of the voice warning) my app's code will be GREATLY simplified as all appname changing / making non-executable will only need to change this particular plist file. In addition, I add a switch to completely hide (and, when needed, show again) the app icon – something not possible under previous versions.

In the meantime, feel free to use the current version of my app for hiding the blinking icon / change the Springboard icon and, as has been explained above, just edit Bundle display name (CFBundleDisplayName) / Executable file (CFBundleExecutable) in /Applications/AudioRecorder.app/Info.plist to change the name and/or completely hide the app without interfering into its abilities to record calls.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Guys,

I've just posted a brand new, iOS8 + latest-AR-compliant version of ConfigAR – a major rewrite!

DEB file for direct install (download, tap from iFile, after making sure Cydia isn't running in the background, select “Installer” from the menu): http://www.winmobiletech.com/cy/debs/com.winmobiletech.ConfigAudioRecorderiOS_1.1_iphoneos-arm.deb

Full, fully annotated, cleaned up Xcode project (won't have full rights in the file system!): http://www.winmobiletech.com/cy/debs/ConfigAR-src-201411110136.zip

I'll also officially add it to my Cydia repo as soon as I find a way of respringing under iOS8 (see below). Until then, use the DEB installer or compile yourself from the sources & create a DEB file, with the appropriate Debian control files, if you like.

Basically,

- I've fully left out the previous “remove voice warning message” and “make the app non-executable” switches
- I've added a brand new “hide completely AR icon from SpringBoard” switch
- I've greatly restricted the file write rights given in the debian preinst files (of which, under iOS8, granting o+w to /Applications not worked any more, BTW)

As programmatically removing the voice warning message and changing the app name / making it non-working was a VERY complicated process with parsing & overwriting several files in the file system, the entire structure of the new app is orders of magnitude cleaner.

Note that, if you take a closer look at Main.storyboard in the Xcode project, you'll see it also has a hidden “Respring” button. The old way of programmatical respringing (simply calling system("killall SpringBoard");) no longer seem to work under iOS8, unlike in prev. iOS versions. As soon as I find out an iOS8-compliant way of doing this, I update the app so that you can respring right inside the app, without the need of a third-party respring app.

Hope you'll find my app useful.

kishoresaha

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2014
Dear Menneisyys2 i need your urgent help

Great. May have been his getting sick of my continuously circumventing his protection that made him, finally, release a completely mute-able version ;)

Dear i m using ar call recording on my iPhone 5 IOS5 or earlier. but now its giving some trouble due to storage full, so i need your help to transfer all recording file to my mac air. please i need your immediate help to transfer and reuse my iPhone. Please tell me how can i transfer easily, last time i use iFile to transfer but its not possible to transfer easily for 7 gb file. i need you urgent help to transfer boss help me.
thank you.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Dear i m using ar call recording on my iPhone 5 IOS5 or earlier. but now its giving some trouble due to storage full, so i need your help to transfer all recording file to my mac air. please i need your immediate help to transfer and reuse my iPhone. Please tell me how can i transfer easily, last time i use iFile to transfer but its not possible to transfer easily for 7 gb file. i need you urgent help to transfer boss help me.
thank you.

Install the trial version of iExplorer and use it for transfer. Works for >4GB files too.

kishoresaha

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2014

Install the trial version of iExplorer and use it for transfer. Works for >4GB files too.

Dear i have installed but not getting any files from cydia app folder like audio call recorder files. can you tell me how can i get this..another osxfuse installing every time when i open iexplorer. please help me soon..

Thank you..

kishoresaha

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2014

DEAR RECENTLY I HAVE INSTALLED iEXPLORER BUT ROOT TAB NOT WORKING THERE. PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS PROB. I NEED YOUR URGENT HELP..

THANK YOU.

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
DEAR RECENTLY I HAVE INSTALLED iEXPLORER BUT ROOT TAB NOT WORKING THERE. PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS PROB. I NEED YOUR URGENT HELP..

THANK YOU.

you need to install apple file conduit 2 if you want to access the file system with this program

kishoresaha

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2014
SBsetting problem

you need to install apple file conduit 2 if you want to access the file system with this program

Recently i have upgrade my iPhone5 with IOS8.1.1. After jailbreak i m truing to install SBsettings but when i switch that apps its going back, every time same report not working properly. so i delete that and reinstall but same case again.. so i need ur help to fix the problem.

thank you.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Recently i have upgrade my iPhone5 with IOS8.1.1. After jailbreak i m truing to install SBsettings but when i switch that apps its going back, every time same report not working properly. so i delete that and reinstall but same case again.. so i need ur help to fix the problem.

thank you.

the last working iOS version for SBSettings was with iOS 6

Control Center replaced SBSettings, there are a multitude of Control Center tweaks out there

kishoresaha

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2014
SBSetting problem

thank you.

kishoresaha

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2014
sBSetting problem

the last working iOS version for SBSettings was with iOS 6

Control Center replaced SBSettings, there are a multitude of Control Center tweaks out there

Then what is the substitute of SBSetting??? i have also tried NCSetting thats also not working,, next i tried Poof thats also a not proper.. tell me which i can use same as SBSetting...

thank you..

kishoresaha

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2014
configAR Problem

So, have you managed to access / transfer the files in var/mobile/Documents/AudioRecorder?

Yes i have access all of that file. Recently i upgrade my iPhone 5 to iOS 8.1.1 , there after i have jailbreak my phone then i tried to download SBSettings, its load but doesn't work, then i load your AR and its done but again i failed when i tried to load AR config. So please guide me to solve that problem.

Thank you

Last edited:

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Yes i have access all of that file. Recently i upgrade my iPhone 5 to iOS 8.1.1 , there after i have jailbreak my phone then i tried to download SBSettings, its load but doesn't work, then i load your AR and its done but again i failed when i tried to load AR config. So please guide me to solve that problem.

Thank you

Dunno why it failed. However, what exactly do you want to do with ConfigAR? Hiding the icons? Changing the appname?

Jason B

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2010
I know this may not be the best place to post this, but need some advice. I use the call recorder app on JB iphone 5 on ios 6.1.2.

Just got a new iphone 6, haven't even turned it on yet. Do I need to remove the jailbreak, or can I just backup the ipphoen 5 and restore it to the iphone 6? I don't want to lose my recorded calls. Will they all come back with the restore? I have many other JB apps with info in them. Just haven't had to go from one JB device to a new device and don't want to loose app data from JB apps. Any help would be great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.