Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heycal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
I have my text size jacked up very high so I can read sms and emails without glasses. I notice that on the iphone 6, if I compose a long text message, the bottoms of certain letters, the "Y" in particular, begin to dip out of sight below the keyboard after a certain point.

This did not happen on my iphone 4. Why is it happening now, and can I fix it?

Thanks!

clickiphone

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2014
Apple is expected to release next update calledd iOS 8.2 at some point early next year. They are also working on iOS 8.3. So, I would not surprise to see ithe release soon enough.

heycal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
Apple is expected to release next update calledd iOS 8.2 at some point early next year. They are also working on iOS 8.3. So, I would not surprise to see ithe release soon enough.

It's ridiculous they even have this problem at all. And a bunch of others too. I hope that update gets here soon...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This is a typical iOS problem,will gone away on its own in the next update.
How do we know this is an actual issue and not by design now somehow? Also, how do we know that it somehow will go away (especially on its own) in the next update?

heycal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
How do we know this is an actual issue and not by design now somehow?

What would be the rationale behind designing the letters to start disappearing below the keyboard?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.