Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

l.i. bruce fan

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
Your thoughts?

Haven't put it on yet as I am debating exchanging this unit due to a slight book spine effect and some random weirdness (sound stopped twice requiring several hard reboots, and multi finger gestures randomly stop working until I toggle them off then on again in settings), but I'm worried about ending up playing "exchange roulette".

As soon as I do, I will post, but having taken this unit out into the direct sunlight I wonder if a screen protector will undo the gains in direct light that the new anti-glare coating has achieved...

jryu90

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2013
Washington, D.C. Metro Area
I have used Spigen screen protectors (plastic film and tempered glass) across all my mobile products and have never had issues regarding touch sensitivity nor fit. Unfortunately, the last time Spigen released a tempered glass screen protector for the iPad was for the 2/3/4, thus I went with ZAGG. Fit and finish is flawless, and touch sensitivity has not been affected.

lsquare

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
I have used Spigen screen protectors (plastic film and tempered glass) across all my mobile products and have never had issues regarding touch sensitivity nor fit. Unfortunately, the last time Spigen released a tempered glass screen protector for the iPad was for the 2/3/4, thus I went with ZAGG. Fit and finish is flawless, and touch sensitivity has not been affected.

I've never had issues with Spigen in the past either, but now I'm dealing with a Touch ID. It doesn't seem like they updated the iPad Air 1 screen protector.

l.i. bruce fan

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
Finally put it on!

I finally got around to putting this on my Air 2.

My quick observation, having had this on my iPad for about an hour is that it's pretty good! Fits perfectly and went on nicely, although there is a either a scratch or a smudge on the back side that seems to be the only imperfection in this installation (I've done lots of iPad and iPhone screen protectors and some of them have made me want to scream). Other than that it seems just as good as the PowerSupport crystal film I usually use, but that is almost 3x the price of this one...

The only downside is that it seems to undo most of the anti glare effect of the Air 2 (although I'll have to try it outside in the daylight to know for sure). But since I couldn't stomach having nothing protecting the screen I had to put something on.

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I use Power Support film on all my iDevices but the Air 2 anti reflective treatment is so good, I'm holding off until I find something with similar properties.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
I had the Spigen Crystal SP on my iPad Mini Retina and it fit well and looked great...although it was s bit of a fingerprint/smudge magnet.

I'm using my iPad Air 2 with a bare screen at the moment, and not sure what SP I'll buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.