Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fsa259

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2014
So I updated my IP5 to iOS 8.1.1 and jailbroke. However now I am struggling to get it looking the way I had perfected back in iOS7. The main thing that's annoying me now is the background of folders on the springboard. I can't find any free mods to do this and the one I used to use doesn't work.

HideMe8 was perfect for everything else....just this folder thing is making my home screen look ugly.

Thanks in advance, guys!

fsa259

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2014
I ended up buying Springtomize3 as the screenshots showed it had a clear background in folders option, but it only makes the background transparent when the folder is open, not when the folder is on the page.

Any other options?

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
So I updated my IP5 to iOS 8.1.1 and jailbroke. However now I am struggling to get it looking the way I had perfected back in iOS7. The main thing that's annoying me now is the background of folders on the springboard. I can't find any free mods to do this and the one I used to use doesn't work.

HideMe8 was perfect for everything else....just this folder thing is making my home screen look ugly.

Thanks in advance, guys!

Hideme8 does work for transparent folders "folder icon blur" only problem is you have to change wallpaper then change wallpaper back again after every respring to get it to work...

fsa259

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2014
thanks for your reply.

change the wallpaper to any one in particular?

fsa259

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2014
Tried what you said with HideMe8 and changed wallpaper...didnt work :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.