Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rublind

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Hey everyone,

Like most people on this forum, I use Gmail and own a few Apple products. For work, using the Mail app is not convenient, so I'm using the Gmail web client.

I'd like to get my Google contacts (and maybe calendars too) sync'd with what I have in iCloud. I know I can set up both syncing methods on a device, but since I have several, which do I use? Do I do it on all of them? What's the best way to go about establishing a continuously updating sync process between iCloud and Google?

My ideal scenario would be: If I add contact to iCloud; it shows up in Google within a few minutes. Alternatively, if I add a contact to Google, I'd like it to show up in iCloud within a few minutes as well.

Thanks!

impaler

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2006
USA
If you have a Mac, in the Mac app store, search for an app named soemthing like Google for Contacts Sync...it'll sync Google conctacts with iCloud - either continuous sync, or one way works.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
Hey everyone,

Like most people on this forum, I use Gmail and own a few Apple products. For work, using the Mail app is not convenient, so I'm using the Gmail web client.

I'd like to get my Google contacts (and maybe calendars too) sync'd with what I have in iCloud. I know I can set up both syncing methods on a device, but since I have several, which do I use? Do I do it on all of them? What's the best way to go about establishing a continuously updating sync process between iCloud and Google?

My ideal scenario would be: If I add contact to iCloud; it shows up in Google within a few minutes. Alternatively, if I add a contact to Google, I'd like it to show up in iCloud within a few minutes as well.

Thanks!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/contacts-sync-for-google-gmail/id454390333?mt=8
I use that on my phone. it works great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.