Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
New Trent Alixo 6S Ultra Thin Rugged Case

Features:
- Built in screen protector (comes in both black and white, both included)
- Hard inner case
- Soft outer case (clear)
- Ports and buttons are covered
- Touch ID compatible

I put this case on my wife's 6 as soon as we got it. She prefers slightly more protection and this is a good balance between protection and minimal bulk. The white screen protector looks perfect with the white iPhone. The clear back is crystal clear, not frosted and allows the look of the phone to show through. The case doesn't add much bulk, but it feels like it would hold up well to a drop.

If you have used Otterbox cases in the past, this is a better looking and feeling option in my opinion. All of the buttons and ports are protected but still easily accessible. The mute switch is uncovered, but recessed when the case is on. There is a thin film over the home button that protects it but still allows for the use of Touch ID.

At this point I don't see any down side to this case. If any issues come up I will update my review.

Pictures:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411774820.616561.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411774834.673269.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411774845.942455.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411774854.514239.jpg

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
Thanks for sharing this review. Never heard of this case before, but the reviews on Amazon are great. Looks like the perfect case for me while I wait on the Lifeproof Nüüd. Wondering if I may like if better than Lifeproof since I never really use my phone in underwater conditions. I just prefer the water protection in case I drop it in a puddle or something. Can't wait to try this case out.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Looks great! Have you tried any of the $1-$5 clear cases by any chance to compare? I notice some brands just slap their name on those.

Good to see they're prepared for the 6S...

TBFoxRDMS

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2007
Yep- on my phone right now. Great case. New since I posted my review on Amazon: Let's a little dirt in, but great fit and feel. Cool feature...turn on flashlight in low light situations and whole case glows.

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Yep- on my phone right now. Great case. New since I posted my review on Amazon: Let's a little dirt in, but great fit and feel. Cool feature...turn on flashlight in low light situations and whole case glows.

Yeah I don't think there's any way around having a little dirt get in any case that's not 100% sealed up. Mine has a little as well. No biggie

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
That looks like a pretty nice case and it solves a couple problems I've seen. It has a screen protector and port covers while also being clear and cut precisely. How's the grip?
UPDATE: Found the 6 Plus version and it's called the 6L

Last edited:

nexus4life

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2014
Will this case be strong enough to prevent any bending?

Lol, had to, sorry... Anyways, I ordered one of these on Amazon and think it's a fantastic looking case; just hope it can protect the phone from the occasional fall because that piece of mind that I've always gotten from an Otterbox is awesome.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Picked one up for $10 in a Cyber Monday deal. So far it it's the most perfect clear case I've ever seen. Crystal clear yet soft on the inside. Full protection. Non-adhesive screen protector. Great design.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Don't get me wrong - this company makes some nice cases, but New Trent offers free products providing you do a review and put it on Amazon. So when you see all those crazy, great reviews just know that some of those are paid reviewers - paid with a free product.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I have the 6L and observed a issue with pulling up control center in portrait orientation. Everything else is peachy. It feels solid and slim while allowing me to see my device. Takes away from the roundness but adds decent protection and peace of mind. I also have a chinese glass SP so that's metallic black. Don't know if it adds to insensitivity but it worked fine previously. The plastic SP on the case may cover the swiping area but that's my only inconvenience and not a deal breaker.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 145

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I have the 6L and observed a issue with pulling up control center in portrait orientation. Everything else is peachy. It feels solid and slim while allowing me to see my device. Takes away from the roundness but adds decent protection and peace of mind. I also have a chinese glass SP so that's metallic black. Don't know if it adds to insensitivity but it worked fine previously. The plastic SP on the case may cover the swiping area but that's my only inconvenience and not a deal breaker.

Here's the rear shot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 118
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.