Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marneusc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
Hi all,

I've searched for this issue and can't seem to find anything similar, although I'm guessing the answer will be something along the lines of "known iCloud/ios bug, wipe phone and start again"

I picked up an iPhone 6 128gb so I could put my entire iTunes library on it, roughly 7000 songs at 40gb. I use iTunes match and all my devices report the correct number of songs.

I painstakingly managed to download all the music onto my iPhone and it shows the correct amount, but under Settings>general>usage>manage storage, It says my music library is 60gb, 20gb larger than it should be.

I try to click on it for more information but it hangs and then quits settings. Other apps are fine, I can see the data usage for each of them no problems.

Any ideas or will I have to suck it up and format my iPhone? (Lost data isn't an issue, I'd just rather handle my music through iTunes match which I can't do if I sync it from my laptop, and it took ages of setting up playlists with about 200 songs each to then download to the phone, made the mistake of simply hitting "download all" under songs...led me to have to wipe the phone as I couldn't cancel download all and they just all hung).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.