Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonehype

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Please have a look, is this bad? This is my fifth iPhone 6 replacement!!!! Fed up!!!!!!! grhhh!

s2xk7c.jpg

21on8gg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Holy **** 5 of them?!

It looks sorta ok. I would take it to Apple and ask them about it, but then again I have only had one iPhone 6

iphonehype

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Holy **** 5 of them?!

It looks sorta ok. I would take it to Apple and ask them about it, but then again I have only had one iPhone 6

Yes mate 5. Every single one has had an issue, I'm dealing with "Apple Online Store Executive Relations" I've had problems with release day.

The guy has had the iPhone's shipped back to him supposedly because his amazed with the amount of iPhones I've.

Just shocked tbh. Hiddious!

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
My i5 has a yellow tint and so does my i6. Just accept it, or get a different brand. You might go through 100 before you get a white screen....then it will have loose buttons ;-)

Hec983

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2012
My i5 has a yellow tint and so does my i6. Just accept it, or get a different brand. You might go through 100 before you get a white screen....then it will have loose buttons ;-)

This my brother has gone thru 10 or so all have yellow warm screen, he got a white one and the home button was loose.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
Damn what the heck, I'm about to get a replacement and I don't want that high of a chance for a yellow screen!

jfyrfytr25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
Please take this from me (someone who has had issues with yellow tints since the iPhone 4)

Buy your phone and if it looks ok to you when you look at it (not comparing it to another phone) then it is FINE.

I have had yellow screens ALOT and have exchanged ALOT. I decided around the 5s that I would not compare it to another phone. I did this with the 5s and now my 6 and I do not notice yellow at all. the screens are now much closer to accurate colors. unfortunately, to most people it appears yellow. If you do not compare it you will get used to it and you will consider the "whiter" phones to be actually BLUE which is awful looking.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
So do they have no problems exchanging yellow screens?

I'm picking my replacement at the genius bar. Would they open several up just so I can make sure I'm not getting a yellow one?

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
So do they have no problems exchanging yellow screens?

I'm picking my replacement at the genius bar. Would they open several up just so I can make sure I'm not getting a yellow one?

I very much doubt it. They'll open one and unless they agree that it's faulty in any way, they won't open another box.

radiologyman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
I had yellowish iPhone 6. Jailbreak with color profiles solved the problem for me. The only reason I jailbreak.

Last edited:

vgamedude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2013
Id like to know at what temp that display is calibrated. If it is around 6300k or so perhaps. As long as it's uniform and not too warm I can't say it would bother me for sure, I mostly despise nonuniformity.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
1. Jaikbreak.
2. Install color profiles.
3. Make your screen any calibration you want. You can make it blue tint. Purple tint. A white tint. Anything

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
Looks stained, there's no rationalizing it. Hope you get a good one so you can enjoy it.

LostMyiPhone

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2012
I've had 2 iPhone 6 models and they BOTH have had exceptionally white, crisp screens. I have a 5 that has a "yellowish" tint to it so I can compare pretty easily.

I say quit wasting your own time. I get it. It should be "perfect" for the amount of money paid. It's my experience, especially with the iPhone 6, that they're having more QC issues than previously. I sent my first one back because the screen clicked in and out of place on all 4 corners. The replacement only does it on the lower-left corner, and only every few days. So I'm going to live with it.

I did the "send it back till perfect" thing with my 4s. I ended up with an IMMACULATE one. Then handed it to my wife who promptly had it stolen from her.

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.