Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Yeah they Moto G is great, love it. My only complaint and it might be an issue with the app is when I am listening to podcasts on Dogcatcher podcast app and browsing in Chrome Dogcatcher will stop sometimes.

Sounds exactly like the iPhone 6 and 6+ 1GB DRAM issue but at least you only spent 1/4 as much. Maybe Moto G 3rd gen will get 2GB before 6S and 6S+.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Wow, thats pretty surprising that came from a Moto G, especially after seeing how bad my Moto X (2013) was in low lighting.

We need to do these types of test more often, as I really believe most cell phone cameras are pretty much on the same levels, the difference between the best and average isn't as big as people make them out to be.

beosound3200

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2010
Sounds exactly like the iPhone 6 and 6+ 1GB DRAM issue but at least you only spent 1/4 as much. Maybe Moto G 3rd gen will get 2GB before 6S and 6S+.

iphones shut down apps that play audio in the background?

if i set up my navigation app for a certain route and open a bunch of webpages, the app will stop guiding me?

not so sure...

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom

if i set up my navigation app for a certain route and open a bunch of webpages, the app will stop guiding me?

not so sure...

No it won't shut down, and Spotify will also continue to play tracks while other apps are accessed. Just a couple of examples to quell the myth that the iPhone can't handle doing multiple tasks.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Going by the pics posted I am going to say they all suck. None of them give proper detail or color.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012

not so sure...

No. Please don't listen to the iPhone hate.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Wow, thats pretty surprising that came from a Moto G, especially after seeing how bad my Moto X (2013) was in low lighting.

We need to do these types of test more often, as I really believe most cell phone cameras are pretty much on the same levels, the difference between the best and average isn't as big as people make them out to be.

However to a photographer even minute positive differences mean a lot. To snaps that look the same to an untrained eye, look very different to a trained eye.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
However to a photographer even minute positive differences mean a lot. To snaps that look the same to an untrained eye, look very different to a trained eye.

Perhaps, but I would think those that really care about that would still use a dedicated camera as those are far superior to any phone camera.

Or maybe that's just my ignorance showing as someone with an untrained, I can barely tell the difference between the photos I took with my Nexus 5 and iPhone 6 Plus, one is regarded as having a poor camera and the other having the best, for a phone.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Perhaps, but I would think those that really care about that would still use a dedicated camera as those are far superior to any phone camera.

Or maybe that's just my ignorance showing as someone with an untrained, I can barely tell the difference between the photos I took with my Nexus 5 and iPhone 6 Plus, one is regarded as having a poor camera and the other having the best, for a phone.

I think it's a great exercise and I may do the same time permitting, but I might have done it a bit differently in that maybe attempting to try to take each picture using the most features from the target camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.