Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Sorry to hear that. I wasn't aware that there were any stipulations or fine print myself even after looking for the fine print.

Thank you. Even the fine print isn't very explanatory. She said I am the only complaint about it. That's alittle hard to believe.

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
Thank you. Even the fine print isn't very explanatory. She said I am the only complaint about it. That's alittle hard to believe.

If that's true, you being the only one, I would call and talk to another rep and see if you can talk to their manager. Give it another shot.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
If that's true, you being the only one, I would call and talk to another rep and see if you can talk to their manager. Give it another shot.

I emailed to Tim Cook's address. She was from the corporate office Apple Online Store Executive Relations. I did email again and showed her the BF ad and that it didn't say click for details or provide a link to any fine print. But, she still denied my request and sent me a link to the fine print. So, I guess that's it. I guess I should have known there would be a catch.

"Please find below a link to the terms and conditions for the (RED)® Special Shopping Day Promotion:

http://images.apple.com/promo/pdf/RED_Shopping_Day_Promotion_Terms_and_Conditions_1104.pdf

I understand your disappointment and, we are not able to offer an exception to the terms of the promotion."

NMBob

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2007
New Mexico
GlenDronach Allardice
Aged 18 Years
Highland Single Malt
Scotch Whisky

I'm not a connoiseur, and I never had that one, so I'm curious to see what it brings.
I'm also very curious to see what information is on the bottle ... as I saw on Wikipedia that that distiller has been mothballed for a while ... so, where does the whisky come from? So there is a logical gap I need to examine ... that alone is already exciting :)

Oops. Way late to replying to this...

It comes from the casks that were already aging when the plant shut down. That's a popular thing. Some operating distillery or a bottler will get those casks and just let them sit for a while and then break them out when the supply on the shelves start to dry up.

I'm not a connoisseur yet, either, but I'm workin' on it. Watch the videos at ralfy.com for some pointers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.