Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Myko

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2014
SoCal - Inland Empire Native
Hola

Dear Folks,

It is with great pleasure that I salute each and everyone of you members of this great community. I have, for quite some time, "lurked" around the Forum and finally decided to join in and voice my opinion on various topics. I hope to slowly work my way up the ranks and leave my newbie status behind as I share with all of you my "two cents".

Please feel free to ask or point out anything that can help me and every other new member become more productive members of this :apple: community.

Thank you and look forward to meeting many if not all of you in future chats.

Sparkeze

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
Indiana
Hello! I've been reading MacRumors here and there for awhile but never knew there was a forum until I recently found it while looking for iPhone 6+ preorder info.

My dad brought home an original Mac when I was a kid and I had a 6 year old SE that I used in college until the X eyed frowny face appeared. I have many fond memories of playing Loadrunner on these.

Currently, I have a '13 MBA and various mobile devices and this forum has been a huge vault of information. :)

Mostyn

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2014
South Wales UK
New To MacRumors Forum 09/10/14

Hello Everyone on MacRumors Forum.

I recently signed up to your forum; and I was so pleased to find such a community forum for the discussion of Apple Products. I have a newly acquired (last Saturday) Apple Macbook Pro Retina 13in, now learning how to use it! Although I must admit, so far I'm pleasantly impressed with it. I also have an older Apple iPad 2, and an Apple iPhone 4s. The only problem is; I'm not very savvy when it comes to anything technical; in fact I'm probably a bit of a numpty when it comes to understanding the techniques of computing.

I hope to become an active member of your community; albeit asking more than contributing, although I like a bit of a discussion on most subjects.

I like swimming , Cycling, Fly Fishing (river & stream) some photography (new Olympus OMD10 Camera) Learning how to use it! Love Ballroom Dancing and of-course spending time on my computer . I look forward to speaking to many of you in the near future.
Regards
Mostyn

Mostyn

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2014
South Wales UK
Observation!

Sorry to post a second time; but wouldn't it be a more welcoming thread if the first post was last and the last post was first? Would seem logical to most people.

Abhinav1993

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2014
Hello

Hi!

I have been reading Macrumors for a long time now and I am finally a Mac user. I have a late 2013 rMBP 13" and a 3 year old iPad 2

I am a Computer Engineer and working.

Nice to meet you :)

Meia Power

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2014
Portugal
Hey guys!

I'm a student from Portugal, I own an iPhone 4S and a rMBP 13" (late 2013). I've been following news regarding everything Apple-related from your website for years, but just joined now :) Your community seems great!

Hope we all get along ;)

howieho

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2014
Hi, my name is Howard. Just wanted to be more up on the Apple ecosphere and figured these forums were a great place to learn from those who use Apple products most.

rachelanne2015

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2014
New

Hello,

I joined while I've been waiting for my iPhone 6 Plus to be delivered. My husband passed away last January, but he worked in the industry and taught me to use a Mac, I've never used anything else.

It's been a weird month because I traded in my iPhone 5 for the 6, had that for a week, and realized I really needed the bigger screen. I took the 6 back and ordered a 6 Plus, and have been using an old android phone a family member had extra, so only from October 4-27 I will have used it, but it does seem like a long time. I've actually felt quite depressed and wondered if that could be contributing, thankfully FedEx will be here today, and I actually felt like getting out of bed.

This is a great place with a wealth of information, I'm glad I found it.

Reactions: Dex762

Runatal

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2014
France
Hello everyone,

I'm a 25-year-old French student. I study Translation and technical Communication and I decided to be part of your community after lurking for a very long time.
Regarding my story with Apple, I own a mid-2012 MacBook Air 13" and I'm very satisfied with it.

Have a good day!

GmanKam

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2014
New to the site

Very happy to have found this site, just bought my first Mac...looking forward to learning a lot.

martin9000

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2014
Hello to everyone,

Like many people I am a long time lurker of this site because it keeps me up to date and informed.

I recently put my first post on here and it got flamed by a lot of long time users, I don't think I am alone in that respect.

Anyway just saying hello and keep up the good work Macrumors.

Hi, everyone! Long time lurker, but decided to register finally. :) I have a work MBP (15" mid-2012 non-retina) and a personal MBP (15" late-2011...crosses fingers for no gpu failure). The latter has 16 GB RAM, and currently has the 750 GB HD, but looking to swap it for a 512 GB SSD.

Anyways, hope to learn alot here and help where I can!

Danley

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2014
OC
I guess I'll post here.

I seem to be sticking around and lurking a lot, largely because I haven't had much in the way of Mac enculturation (even after how intuitive it all is, you know :p Not even a joke.)

Plus I just need to be in a forum that I don't feel elitist in.

Sliver11

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2014
I'm Chris. Just praying you guys may be able to direct me to the right place....Been all over the net looking....starting a post about ut. Thanks!

Last edited:

Ibaorus

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2014
Hi guys, I'm Ibaorus and I'm new here. I joined this forum become I love Apple products (iPhone and Mac to be specific).

I just finished my 7th grade and I will be in 8th grade next year. Anyway, I hope I can gain more knowledge and I hope that I can contribute something useful to this awesome forum.

:apple: -Ibaorus-

Smiler1968

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2014
Hi everyone. I have been using PCs for many years but have just treated myself to a Mac. It's a steep learning curve and I've no doubt I will be picking your brains quite a bit.

Regards. Jerry.

aart

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2014
Netherlands
Hey people, I've been getting some useful stuff from these forums for some time now, so time to register :) I've been tinkering with Macs for quite a while now. Latest project is a dead mac mini 2006. It's being revived slowly :)

stanleygallor

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2014
Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi,

I am new here. As I join this forum, you might think that I am a hardcore gamer. Well, I was not a game addict even 6 months ago, but I am an almost full-time gamer now.

How this happened?

Well, my son is 3 yrs old now. He plays games on iPhone like an expert - he knows how to do what, even when he could not identify alphabets he could select Angry Birds from the gallery and played it! Then he played Subway Surfers and now he is up to Demons' Doom. Not sure what's next!

His enormous energy and curiosity towards games turned a non-gamer like me gamer. Even I am thinking of developing few games myself Smile

Look forward to have a nice time with you all here!

Colorexpertsbd

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2014
United States
Welcome Everybody

Hello Everybody Thanks All of Forum member specially thanks Forum moderation change and accepts forum member. I am Md.Shihab Uddin- Professional Online Marketer and have a Good idea in Graphic Design, now I am working in Top Graphing Design Company our position is online Marketing Executive. Sometimes I Face Graphic Related Problem then I needs to join this forum I hope every member suggests and help graphic related any problem.

Thanks and Regards
Md.Shihab Uddin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.