Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
http://www.webhostingpad.com

I'm considering switching to them for hosting.

Only $1.99/a month for unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited email, unlimited ftp, host unlimited domains.

Is it too good to be true?

Anyone had experience with them?

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2007
Read their TOS, I would not go with them.

http://www.webhostingpad.com/abuseterms.htm
All our hosting accounts do come with unlimited hosting space and bandwidth. But we start each account with a set limit but as you needs grow, simply contact us to request additional resources and we will increase it to whatever you need. This new plan allows us to create more efficient use of our servers and provide better, faster, and more efficient hosting for our customers. Please note hosting space is intended for hosting and not intended for but not limited to online backup, storage device for multimedia content such as, but not limited to, movies, music, photos, or other media. Any use of our hosting service in this manner will be considered a violation of our terms of use and will result in automatic suspension of the hosting account without any prior notification.
Not really unlimited, and unable to use it for file storage
Multimedia files are defined as any graphics, audio, and video files. WebHostingPad Web Hosting and Ecommerce accounts are not to be used for the purposes of distributing and storing unusual amounts of multimedia files. Any Web site whose hositng space usage for storing multimedia files exceeds 10% of the initial quota setup, in terms of total size or number of files, will be considered to be using an unusual amount of multimedia files. Web Hosting accounts come with a limit of 10,000 files per account. Each block of 10,000 files after the initial 10,000 will incur an additional charge of US $9.95/month.
so, the next 10k files is 5x the org account price. So it is not truly unlimited. 10,000 10kb files is only 10 MB.
Any database stored on WebHostingPad Web Hosting and Ecommerce servers will be limited in size to 10% of the initial quota setup allotted for that particular domain's plan/web hosting account.
Why would they limit this?
All accounts will be only allowed to use 10% of cpu and memory and can not exceed a session longer then 10 min. This includes all database uses, email, cron jobs, and any FTP sessions.

Cannot be logged into FTP for 10 min? I have left FTP open all day on one of my free accounts with no issues. Assuming I got my full upload speed I could not upload more than 400 MB on my home internet connection at once.

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Read their TOS, I would not go with them.

http://www.webhostingpad.com/abuseterms.htm
Not really unlimited, and unable to use it for file storageso, the next 10k files is 5x the org account price. So it is not truly unlimited. 10,000 10kb files is only 10 MB.Why would they limit this?

Cannot be logged into FTP for 10 min? I have left FTP open all day on one of my free accounts with no issues. Assuming I got my full upload speed I could not upload more than 400 MB on my home internet connection at once.

Thank you. You are right. I don't want to use them. :)

Search through the "Helpful Links" sticky. It's listed on there, so obviously someone has used them before.

Sorry, Miles. I always just blow-off the stickies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.