Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dustrho

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2012
I'm looking for any new/updated feedback on leather pouch/sleeve cases. I'm considering the Kavaj Miami and Sena Heritage Ultraslim. There's also some nice ones for sale on Etsy as well.

I am Sampson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Plymouth, UK
I've just upgraded from that cheap £6 eBay one to the kavaj Miami.
I have to say it is now the first time my phone feels big in my pocket and is a little concern, however it is gorgeous in cognac brown and due to the slots it replaces my wallet making it overall less pocket space.

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
Etsy is a good place to find wonderful handmade leather pouches. I discovered Atelier Pall, a maker in Bulgaria, from Etsy two years ago. They make a 6+ version. I am not sure if the 6+ is too big for this wallet/pouch combination, but they have other things as well:

iphone_leather_wallet_oxblood_1__46295.1411290172.1000.1000.jpg

I wrote a review for the my iPhone 6 wallet here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1830662/

rominronin

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2015
Vienna
Anyone know of a UK supplier for these ? They look nice !

I realise this is an old post, but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless: I don't know of any UK suppliers, but they deliver quickly to Austria at least - the prices were not too bad either.

For what it's worth, I ordered the Spinn case for my 6+, with belt clip - it is an incredibly useful case, and perfect for using your phone 'naked', while protecting it and making it quickly accessible...

esfrost

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Im a really big fan of leather sleeves, been using different kind for the past five years now. Used Knomo, iCase Leather, some ebay ones, and some other handmade ones. There are problems with all of them, some has side stitches inside, that will make your phone's side polished. Those that have the stitches outside will make your phone bulkier.

But...

If any of you guys out there are looking for something special, i highly recommend you the KZNR cases. Made out of real, genuine leather. There are no side stitches, only on the bottom. The two side are glued together in the middle in a special way. By far the slimmest, most elegant and most beautiful case, if anyone asks me.

And now theres a new version, wich now sports a wool felt lining, so it will make your phone more finger print, and more polished, everytime you slide in'n'out. The whole craftmenship of the case is stunning, beautiful work.

il_570xN.701034876_egdz.jpg

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
Can anyone share how you folks actually use a pouch? It just seems like such a huge hassle to take out the pouch, take your phone out of it, put the pouch aside, use the phone, and then put it back into the pouch. What are the usage scenarios here for a pouch?

Allin44

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2014
Can anyone share how you folks actually use a pouch? It just seems like such a huge hassle to take out the pouch, take your phone out of it, put the pouch aside, use the phone, and then put it back into the pouch. What are the usage scenarios here for a pouch?

I want one for when I'm at home and just sitting on the couch or laying in bed. I can use the phone naked, and the odds of me dropping it aren't very high. Allows you to enjoy the form factor without any bulk. When I go out or will be moving around a lot, I'll put it in a case.

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
I want one for when I'm at home and just sitting on the couch or laying in bed. I can use the phone naked, and the odds of me dropping it aren't very high. Allows you to enjoy the form factor without any bulk. When I go out or will be moving around a lot, I'll put it in a case.

I see. Not something I'd care for, but I can see what you're saying! Just seems like a lot of work to be switching cases and pouches all the time. But that's just me!

Allin44

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2014
I see. Not something I'd care for, but I can see what you're saying! Just seems like a lot of work to be switching cases and pouches all the time. But that's just me!

I think it mostly just depends on your type of lifestyle. I mostly want one just to have options and to keep things feeling fresh.

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006

Depends on the type of person you are. "Time to take out of the pouch and looking thin" vs "straight out of the pocket and looking bulky"

I used to have a pouch but am now using a case.

Enmanuel

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2012
Boston
I've used naked/pouch for the last 4 years, always the SENA ultraslim. Started with the 4S, 5, 5S and 6. The ultraslim for the 6 fits my 6S but I've switched up my MO recently due to a drop&shatter (it landed face down and a passerby accidentally stepped on it destroying the screen) about 2 months ago, thankfully it was my 6 and the 6S was just weeks away from being released. So now if I'm going out to certain kinds of events or working under certain situations I'll put a silicone or leather Apple case on the phone.
But, to get back on topic, the SENA ultraslim I can highly recommend and have always been a fan of, it doesn't have a tab to pull your phone but it's made of really soft and thin leather so after a few weeks of use it will be very plyable and easy to push on the bottom and prop the phone up .

Allin44

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2014
I've used naked/pouch for the last 4 years, always the SENA ultraslim. Started with the 4S, 5, 5S and 6. The ultraslim for the 6 fits my 6S but I've switched up my MO recently due to a drop&shatter (it landed face down and a passerby accidentally stepped on it destroying the screen) about 2 months ago, thankfully it was my 6 and the 6S was just weeks away from being released. So now if I'm going out to certain kinds of events or working under certain situations I'll put a silicone or leather Apple case on the phone.
But, to get back on topic, the SENA ultraslim I can highly recommend and have always been a fan of, it doesn't have a tab to pull your phone but it's made of really soft and thin leather so after a few weeks of use it will be very plyable and easy to push on the bottom and prop the phone up .

Never any problems with the interior scratching your screen or anything like that?

Would you mind posting a few photos? Or I could send you an email address to send some to if that's easier for you.

Thanks for any help.

Enmanuel

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2012
Boston
Never any problems with the interior scratching your screen or anything like that?

Would you mind posting a few photos? Or I could send you an email address to send some to if that's easier for you.

Thanks for any help.

It's lined with a very thin layer of microfiber so no risk of scratching, I've personally never had any scratches as a result of using this case. I highly recommend it and hold it in regard as the gold standard for pouch cases. Attached are a few pics with my old 6 inside it. This happens to be the heritage model of the ultraslim that has a pattern on the inside and a seam at the bottom, but the regular version is a more textured leather (just as thin) no seam and the interior microfiber lining is color matched to the leather color of the outside.

Attachments

• IMG_7753.JPG
    IMG_7753.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 184
  • IMG_7752.JPG
    IMG_7752.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 210
  • IMG_7751.JPG
    IMG_7751.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_7750.JPG
    IMG_7750.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_7749.JPG
    IMG_7749.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 179

Kaelbron

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2011
I have to say it is now the first time my phone feels big in my pocket and is a little concern, however it is gorgeous in cognac brown and due to the slots it replaces my wallet making it overall less pocket space.

Just got the Kavaj pouch for my 6 plus. Looks really good. It is a bit thick, but it really feels good. Will use this when I need to toss my phone in a bag, or when hiking, as I don't like using a case for the phone.

attachment.php

Hi! I like pouch from Kavaj and woundering absolut the tab that lets the Phone slide out. Can it scratch the Phone?

I have seen in other cases similar to this that the strap is visible in the case where the phone will be and it can damage the screen or phone? Do you understand what I mean? You know, nothing to cover that is like the case that just have such a magnet that is not your phone can fall out and you must unplug the phone?

Allin44

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2014
Still looking for some other options here.

I just want something that isn't too expensive, isn't too flashy, will keep my phone secure, and won't scratch the screen.

esfrost

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Man, just scroll back, read the comments, there are numerous great products, and brand names we have mentioned, just look for them.

Check out Knomo, Sena, if you want leather, and slim profile sleeve style case, or go to Etsy, and do a search, there are hundreads of great, custom made, handmade stuff, for reasonable price.

Allin44

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2014
I have looked at every single one of them. They're either too expensive or not what I'm looking for.

esfrost

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Okay, what are you looking for?

Sleeve, pouch stlye?
Leather or something else?
What is your budget?

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I fail to see how a slipcase is a solution for those iPhone users that want to keep their phone naked. First You have to get the phone out of your pocket then out of the case.

So much easier to simply have a super thin case so you can take it out of your pocket and use it immediately

Every slipcase I've ever purchased, I've returned for inconvenience.

Allin44

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2014
Okay, what are you looking for?

Sleeve, pouch stlye?
Leather or something else?
What is your budget?

Sleeve
Material doesn't matter, so long as it won't scratch my phone taking it in and out
I'm in Canada, so shipping plays a role here, but $20-$30 would be okay

jm31828

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2015
Bothell, Washington
I have a very slim clear tpu case on mine and keep it in a soft pouch with a Velcro flap whenever I'm not using it. It is in there any time I am not actively using the phone. Works for me, no inconvenience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.