Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
im wating for dock artisan as well.. but for now im rocking the LABC smart wallet and its awesome. not leather but its cool for $20

detachable wallet is way to go

EDiTOR9

macrumors regular
May 27, 2012
South Bay, CA
I caved and bought the Kapotas wallet to use on the back of my ringke fusion iPhone 6 plus case. So far I'm digging the Kapotas wallet as it allows me show off the gold back of my iPhone 6 plus as well as remove the case and attach any other card to it.

At work I attach my keycard to it to easily access it when I'm moving about. The downer is that I have an iOttie 2 for my iPhone 6 plus and with the Kapotas wallet attached the iPhone 6 plus is not held steadily on the iOttie 2 I remove it while it sits in my dash and I put the Kapotas wallet in my coat pocket and I'm set.

Edit- pictured is a cheap case I bought off eBay; I just got my ringke fusion yesterday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    704.4 KB · Views: 380

robotrootbeer

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2010

robotrootbeer

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2010
I bought an inexpensive black wallet case at Futureshop when I picked up my iPhone 6 on release day because the Dock Artisan case was on two-month preorder. That cheap wallet worked surprisingly well but did not have the finish quality or extra features of the Dock Artisan.

I've had the Dock Artisan for a few weeks now and quite happy with it.
http://www.dockartisan.com/products/sport-leather-wallet-case-iphone-6-pre-order

This is the first wallet case I've had where the phone is detachable. I really like that option. Much easier and more secure for taking calls and photos. The little inner case for the phone is slim and beautifully made with a classy leather back. The magnetic hold is quite secure, as you can see in the realistic video on their website.

I thought I would cut off the elastic keeper strap when it arrived, but when I actually had the case in my hands I realized the security value of that strap when I put the wallet in my briefcase or backpack. For pocket or desktop use it wraps out of the way to the back.

The whole unit is a tad bigger than the cheap initial case I had, so it is a bit bulkier in pockets, but that has more to do with the size of the iPhone 6.

Build quality is excellent. The finish of the light brown version I bought is suede-like so it kind of sticks going in and out of pockets. But looks very nice. There is a black version that seems to be smooth leather I think.

Bottom line: the wait was worth it and I am very happy with the Dock Artisan.

Given what you know now - would you prefer the black? I think the brown classier, but would have preferred matching leather.

Also for those who are going to purchase this - (not 100% if I saw this in the other post but artisan25 brough the price down from 70 to 52 after tax)

robotrootbeer

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2010
I caved and bought the Kapotas wallet to use on the back of my ringke fusion iPhone 6 plus case. So far I'm digging the Kapotas wallet as it allows me show off the gold back of my iPhone 6 plus as well as remove the case and attach any other card to it.

At work I attach my keycard to it to easily access it when I'm moving about. The downer is that I have an iOttie 2 for my iPhone 6 plus and with the Kapotas wallet attached the iPhone 6 plus is not held steadily on the iOttie 2 I remove it while it sits in my dash and I put the Kapotas wallet in my coat pocket and I'm set.

Edit- pictured is a cheap case I bought off eBay; I just got my ringke fusion yesterday.

I saw the Kapotas too - only thing bothering me is that 40 bucks is kinda hefty price when it's so close in price to a full case.

Last edited:

supaflyz

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2010
I bought this case for my mom but in the light green color. I saw some good reviews on Amazon and youtube so I went a head and order it for her.It was deliver the next day with Prime! She really likes the case.
I think that I'm going to try the Spigen Wallet case. I like that fact that it can also be used as a stand and it also has pretty good reviews on Amazon.
Amazon.com: iPhone 6 Case, Spigen® [Stand Feature] iPhone 6 (4.7) Case Wallet [Wallet S] [Black] Premium Wallet Case with STAND Flip Cover for iPhone 6 (4.7)

jayrflow

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2013
I was really looking at the Portenzo wallet case for my iPhone 6 Plus but I got an email from Twelve South about ordering their Book Book case a day before the public release. I love it for my iPhone 5 and I couldn't resist it. I chose basic ground shipping so I'll be sure to post pics whenever I receive the case.

Sandy Santra

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2008
Brooklyn
TwelveSouth's Book Book wallet case is out.

Pros:

• snazzy faux-book cover (sufficient camouflage to deter thieves?)
  • SIX slots (and compartment) for credit cards, license, cash (6 plus)
  • the shell that the phone fits into is removable
  • hands-free viewing stand capability

Cons:

• No elastic strap to hold it closed
  • Weight (?)

robotrootbeer

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2010

Can you show more pictures of your kapotas wallet? I'm on the fence on it..40 bucks seems so steep.

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
I've tried this Ozaki case, you can barely fit two cards, then it's really hard to take them out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.