Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
This thread now has 887 replies. It's not likely to be ignored any time soon.

It doesn't matter how good the speakers may sound, the vibration of the entire chassis is a detriment to the "user experience" - something Apple used to devote an enormous amount of time and resources into getting right.

There was simply no reason to make the Air 2 thinner. The end result of thinness for the sake of thinness is a poor user experience. Period.

It's got nothing to do with thinness. The speakers have changed. The new speakers in the Air 2 now also fire into the chassis. This is by design. And I like it.

Last edited:

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
It's got nothing to do with thinness. The speakers gave changed. The new speakers in the Air 2 now also fire into the chassis. This is by design. And I like it.

We don't know that though. This new speaker type you speak of was not used on any previous generation iPad. There is no data to back up your claim.

The extremely thin chassis has a lot to do with it, IMO.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
We don't know that though. This new speaker type you speak of was not used on any previous generation iPad. There is no data to back up your claim.

Of course there's proof. Look at the ifix it tear down of the Air and Air 2. It was even posted in this thread.

thinAir

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2014
s2mikey, just click on the links I posted in #882.
They link to the iFixit teardown pics where you can see the different speaker design.

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014

There's no way that speakers this forceful would have been vibration-free in Air 1 as it wasn't much thicker. It takes some serious attempts at insulating to get the vibration out of the way on Air 2 externally, which points to force of the speakers, rather than poor thin design, as the culprit. Air 1 would absolutely have vibrated with speakers giving this much force, even if they had made attempts to dampen it more. How much less vibration is questionable, but it certainly couldn't match the low vibration of the Air 1's weak speakers.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
Actually it's interesting about the design of the speakers. On my old iPad 2 if I covered the speaker grill it would effectively mute the sound or at least severely muffle it.

With the Air 2, doing so, makes it so the sound appears to be coming from the middle of the Air 2, so it's pretty obviously there are speaker openings pointing both outwards and inwards. Not sure why exactly unless Apple is trying to use the internal space in the iPad as a sub-woofer. That would the vibration/resonance, but it doesn't make a lot of design sense.

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
This is by far my biggest annoyance with the Air 2. If it wasn't for this I'd say it's pretty much perfect. For an Apple product I surprised they let it be this bad. My wife has one as well and it's the same way so it's not a defect or worse than the rest. I'm in the it's because it's so thin issue. I'm OK with it being thicker with more battery and not have this problem.

thinAir

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2014
iPad Air 2 sound vibrating!

Not sure why exactly unless Apple is trying to use the internal space in the iPad as a sub-woofer.

Well, what to expect from tiny speakers in a tiny device - tiny sound.

It won't be smart to direct the high frequencies into the chassis, but it's okay for the low frequencies to create a richer sound. I'm pretty sure an Air 1 would vibrate no less if it would get the same speakers and amplifier because its slightly bigger chassis is a good resonating body as well.

Last edited:

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
There's videos comparing the sound on the Minj 2 and the Air 2 and the Mini 2 is noticeably better, even when playing it on my iPad 2. The Air sounds muffled and distorted compared to the Mini.

http://youtu.be/EpLiXJZzFAA

I compared, with my own eyes and ears, the Air 2 and the original Air (which, in terms of sound ought to be comparable, if not slightly better than the sound of the mini 1/2/3. The Air 2 sounded the same if not slightly better than the Air; I felt the vibration, but only at volume levels that I would never have the thing at anyway (and even then, I only noticed it because I had read this thread beforehand).

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
The vibration annoyed me at first, but mostly b.c it was different than what I was use to. Now it doesn't bother me. Some movies/shows it adds to the action.

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
This is by far my biggest annoyance with the Air 2. If it wasn't for this I'd say it's pretty much perfect. For an Apple product I surprised they let it be this bad. My wife has one as well and it's the same way so it's not a defect or worse than the rest. I'm in the it's because it's so thin issue. I'm OK with it being thicker with more battery and not have this problem.

Yeah, if this issue didn't exist I tell ya, I would have gone against my usual upgrade cycle time and bought one to replace my Air. But, no go deal. Oh well. Waiting fo the Air 3 to see what happens.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Yeah, if this issue didn't exist I tell ya, I would have gone against my usual upgrade cycle time and bought one to replace my Air. But, no go deal. Oh well. Waiting fo the Air 3 to see what happens.

It's your choice, and you are entitled to have an opinion, but this is not an issue since the device sound is not distorted (actually is slightly better than the sound system on your/my iPad air).
It resonate, yes. So ?

PunjabiSoorma24

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
Michigan
Back of iPad part of culprit?

When I held the Air and Air 2, it seems like the type of metal used was different, and the Air 2 felt hollow inside. I think that might have something to do with it. Conversely, when I held the Mini 3 I felt ZERO vibrations. If the Air 2 had no vibrations I would have bought a 64 gig one on Black Friday.

Hope Apple gets their **** together for the Air 3. :mad:

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Wow, can't believe people are still debating this. The iPad Air 2 vibrates, whether that's a design flaw exacerbated by thinness or a feature leveraging the iPad chasis is unclear.

Bottom line, I don't believe that a touch input device should vibrate through the touch surface on below 50% volume capacity. I think that's a basic bad principle violation, maybe I'm wrong.

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
It's your choice, and you are entitled to have an opinion, but this is not an issue since the device sound is not distorted (actually is slightly better than the sound system on your/my iPad air).
It resonate, yes. So ?

So? So, when Id be listening to music while typing a document or on a forum I have to deal with screen vibrations that are quite annoying. Headphone users don't have this issue but many of us do. The vibration is extremely annoying and needs to be corrected. It's an issue to ME. Just to some others it's not an issue.

That's all.

markfc

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
Prestatyn, Wales, UK
Just picked up my iPad Air 2 128GB to replace my aging iPad 2...

The speed and screen are light years ahead - absolutely no doubt, but the build quality is awful.

That hollow tinny sounding back is just awful.

The whole iPad vibrates when playing audio.

This thin/lightness obsession at Apple is simply getting out of control.

Disappointed with my purchase to be honest. If I wasn't so tied into the Apple ecosystem, I'd be looking for something else now.

:-(

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
oddly enough the vibration led me to use a good pair of headphones for the first time. I will now never use an ipad without headphones when watching a movie. The level of detail it adds is great :)

akdj

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
62.88°N/-151.28°W
That's lame though. Being forced to use headphones or turn the sound off? Sounds like something you'd get with a cheap, Chinese knock off tablet. Not the most expensive, top of the line tablet.

Let's face it, this vibration issue is simply terrible and a deal killer. LAME.

No, it's not LAME. It's hands down the best iOS device to date. We've owned them all and use them to run our audio and video wirelessly. They're being used 60-120 hours a week, pending the time of year. An an original Air owner and multiple iPad 4s for our crews, the Air 2 was a tough decision for me. Unfortunately, a pair of programs we use were 'limited' in length or 'depth' video, audio...and the amount of tracks, instruments or vocals you're controlling and the former, the kength of video that can be transcoded successfully.
We picked one up, as I'm looking to replace the fleet of iPad 4s. I was instantly sold! I love my oroginal Air, it is a helluva lot quicker than my 4 --- even populating my RSS aggregator in the morning, it's easily there times quicker to compile.
Air 2 isn't 'measurable.' It's instantaneous. Same app. Limitations on both audio and video files and manipulation of Pixelmator, Lightroom, or video in Pinnacle, iMovie, or any of the other excellent DAWs and NLEs available in the App Store, as well as remotely controlling FCPx, Logic or my DSLR. It's a night and day different device and 'vibrations' being a 'deal killer', lame and a ...whatever, it's silly. It's not vibrating. It's resonating. Bass, low frequencies themselves are extremely hard to reproduce inside such a confined area.
Remember the 'Bose' lawsuit? They're using a design and airflow not unlike the Wave radios, sound bars and different Bose speaker designs. Your can flip polarization, route airflow, use heavier and stronger materials, or enlarge the enclosure. That's it! Most of us don't hear nearly low enough to hear real, true bass. It's omnidirectional, and it's a physics 'thing'. As the wave or frequency gets lower, a longer amount of 'space' or length is required for the wave to properly form and Slam your chest;)
That's what Apple has done. It's a resonate without ANY distortion. None, it's an amazing sounding case and Incredibly well built in comparison to Air v1. That model's speaker was thin, low volume and the display has a hollow tap to it. The Air 2 has fixed both. That's. Very. Cool
Not LAME, & certainly not a 'deal killer'. It's the FASTEST overall portable tab, phone or portable electronic computer you can buy, essentially working on a second (& ½) generation 64bit processor, doubling or RAM and GPU power, both evident from the first time you turn it on. Use your app of choice; game, productivity, media watching-listening-reading. Doesn't matter, actually the 'reading' part might not make my point too well as our iPad original and 2 are still legible, they're just NOT in this league. A new bar was set with this iPad. Those crying about tingly fingers or typing on a 'vibrating' screen should either
A) turn your background music down
B) get an external keyboard (if it REALLY bugs you, again...I'm going on two months with mine and it never leaves my side ...& I've owned 'me all!)
C) buy some cans. Killer sounding headphones at a hundred or two is possible, even 'easy' to achieve. 2-4 hundred is another level that gets you into Grado, AKG, B&W, and others worth a lesson. Good pair of cans is hard to beat
D) 'kill the deal'. While not realizing what you're missing

Yea I find that very hard to believe. In had mine in a case and it did nothing to stop the screen vibrations.

Mine's butt naked. Doesn't 'vibrate' at all. Just resonates and sounds incredible.

Maybe to you its not and that's fine. But for a lot of us it's a deal killer 100%. That's why we are waiting for the Air 3 or just staying with what we have. Anything that needs to be fixed should be considered a major enough issue to make recommendations a little iffy. I would NOT recommend an Air 2 to anyone that uses the speakers regularly while surfing, typing, or working. Even heavy gamers need to be warned.

Lol, hopefully not many come to you for technical advice. Nothing. Weds to be fixed. Your opinion should be formed from reviews, professional and personal/subjective feelings and on your OWN. There's nothing that needs a fix NOR are there ANY 'Major issues that should be considered. Period

What do you care who gets told what? It doesn't affect you at all. Glad you're happy. I'm going to complain exactly one year and one extra day after that, BTW.

It's as powerful as the NASA main computers but that hardly matters when nothing exists to take advantage of it anyways. Tits on a bull.

Ignorance is bliss. Literally EVERYthing is faster if you're doing anything on your iPad. The display, the speed, the form factor & indeed, the audio...it's amazing. It sounds to me like its you that 'cares what others...'
Advice. Don't. You'll get old like me, have kids n mortgages, college funds and insurance for everthing. You're right & wrong. They're indeed many times more powerful than NASA's main, 70s designed and built space shuttle, with early 80s computing power. Today, I'm not sure NASA has computers? Maybe. Probably iPads. They got slammed in the budget cuts
Rest assured, that was sarcasm. NASA has allowed us this technology, as has the Cold War, military and civilian development --- & the cool thing, everything 'exists to take advantage of it' and will continue as developers release more Metal optimized code, utilize SWIFT & take advantage of the Apple's incredible brains and engine.
I'll say it again, it's the BEST iOS device to date, and it's a tough call. My 6+ is phenomenal;). That said, the A8x/2GB RAM does indeed make a very noticeable difference 'out of the box'. Just open a couple tabs in Safari. Start a long post quote like this. On an Air 1 & 2. I've got them both. Switch to a different tab, sometimes you don't have to do anything...if it's dynamic enough, the Air 1 is intelligent enough to dump other, 'non' visible pages cached already rather than bring the iPad to a crash. It's typically not a concern with bandwidth speed increases, LTE and more ubiquity in the infrastructure. Those pages (re)load very quick
BUT, come back to your half filled MacRumor's forum response and it's not there. The reload has removed your information.
iPad A2, you can surf, switch apps, check your email, fall asleep and forget to charge it. Drop it on your head when you fall asleep...cussing yourself Back to sleep ...Next morning, you're waking up, pulling the RSS feed on the porcelain throne with a nice cup of coffee and flick four fingers up to return to EarlyEdition 2 --- only to realize you didn't finish your novel/response on the MR forums! NO!!!!! Devestated, you hesitantly click the Safari window, switch to the correct tab, only to realize every letter you typed is still there

...and it sounds GREAT! It's almost sad to read so many used to such crappy sound, compressed MP3s or lossy format of choice and $6 headphones these days. It's the first in history a million albums didn't sell from a single band! The only 'album' to break platinum sales was "Frozen", as its a Disney 'album only' soundtrack Monster. That's sad. Good sound is good sound. Period. Vibrating, tingling, annoyances while typing are ALL signs someone took 37 seconds at Best Buy to turn up the volume, press a display (do the same on your TV :rolleyes: -- same effect, huh? Computer display. Yup) and pretend type a thesis, in said 37 seconds with some crappy Lil Shizzy Featuring Macoroni $ DDub 'n' possé with synthesized bass ...feel the resonance, and form an opinion

It's interesting to me this thread is so long yet so few 'unique" (many have been very vocal, but still count as one) users it's actually annoying. I've many doubts from some. I understand we're all sensitive to different levels of 'tingle' but for crying out loud...
If you're male, immediate suspension of your man card
Ladies wouldn't complain about such an incredible piece of technology and phenomenal sound without the need for headphones. The physics of sound don't allow 'full' impact audio to emanate from such a small form factor. Speaker technology is still the same after a century. Magnet. Coil. Cone. Some low voltage, an amplifier, and Boom! Sound!

The vibration is something one can't get used to.....my fingers ....There is a reason why they use anti vibration on chainsaws!

This one made me laugh. My three brothers, two cousins and I cut nine cords from tree length to five footers (stacked to cure). We ran four Stihls, 3 22" bars and a 20". We cut for 17 hours total over two days. There's certainly been improvements made to chainsaw safety and technology...but 'anti' vibration is marketing. My arms are still buzzing, and we were done Sunday evening

This thread now has 887 replies. It's not likely to be ignored any time soon.

It doesn't matter how good the speakers may sound, the vibration of the entire chassis is a detriment to the "user experience" - something Apple used to devote an enormous amount of time and resources into getting right.

There was simply no reason to make the Air 2 thinner. The end result of thinness for the sake of thinness is a poor user experience. Period.

I'm not sure you understand tablet design. Comfort, ability to hold for extended periods of time without fatigue, easier to carry (compare the one pour air to a two pound Surface, it's signfificant if you're transporting it, forget holding) with phenomenal power and efficiency with a display to boot, the lamination and anti-reflective coating aren't fluff. I've got Air 1 & 2. And the former is going on Craigslist this weekend.

It's SOOOO far away. 180° difference than you infer. 'Poor user experience'. Not even PC Mag, CNet or Android Central has claimed such a falsehood. What a joke.

I've had a few crashes and my Air2 does get really hot at least once a day even when I'm not running heavy apps.

Might wanna get it checked. No crashes. No warmth, maybe a bit warmer than cool/skin temp if I'm rendering video or gaming with my son. Never hot and it's NEVER crashed. Is it a specific app?

Actually it's interesting about the design of the speakers. On my old iPad 2 if I covered the speaker grill it would effectively mute the sound or at least severely muffle it.

With the Air 2, doing so, makes it so the sound appears to be coming from the middle of the Air 2, so it's pretty obviously there are speaker openings pointing both outwards and inwards. Not sure why exactly unless Apple is trying to use the internal space in the iPad as a sub-woofer. That would the vibration/resonance, but it doesn't make a lot of design sense.

Design is design. Acoustics is why they designed it like this. It's 'ported' essentially through the iPad for a significantly fuller sound, almost replicating the lower octave. Makes a lotta sense and it's Bose's silly patented technology in a significantly smaller package and 'tube structure'

That's th tough one. The '2' is certianly the 'future'. First with 2GBs of RAM. Second gen 64bit chip, with the third core, etc. Air 1 could lose its value prett quick if you wait until the entire line has sped up with double the memory, you're holding an antique. Kinda sucks it took this long to get the memory in, but all in all, it's been easily the best tablet since day one (I've still got a Xoom, and a pair of Nexus 7" tabs the kids play with, gave up)

When I held the Air and Air 2, it seems like the type of metal used was different, and the Air 2 felt hollow inside. I think that might have something to do with it. Conversely, when I held the Mini 3 I felt ZERO vibrations. If the Air 2 had no vibrations I would have bought a 64 gig one on Black Friday.

Hope Apple gets their **** together for the Air 3. :mad:

Maybe you had an Air 1? That was the model of Air with the 'hollow' or plastic 'tap' to the display. The 2 is rock solid. And the mini 2 & 3 are extremely weak speakers compared to the Air or A2. Resonance. Not. Vibration. Not distortion. Resonance without rattle. That's. Bass

So? So, when Id be listening to music while typing a document or on a forum I have to deal with screen vibrations that are quite annoying. Headphone users don't have this issue but many of us do. The vibration is extremely annoying and needs to be corrected. It's an issue to ME. Just to some others it's not an issue.

That's all.

Correct. To YOU. You then sir should do what my son Mikey does. He uses his headphones when he's playing his games. Why don't you when you type? Certainly as a person using the iPad for production, you've noticed the new Air's attributes, no?

Sure is. Still can't believe no one during testing or any other phase of development asked about the thinness and chintzy feeling of the device.

Oh well. The Air 3 will be here soon enough. With the A9 chip as well. Hehehehe:)

About a year. Apparently not only have you not used, felt or seen/held/felt one in real life. 'Chintzy, Thin'...not adjectives I've seen ANY owner use. Nor professional reviewer, friends, family, clients ....hmm, chintzy lol. It's as fast as laptops from two years ago dude. It's rock solid build quality, impeccable design and aesthetics with incredible endurance, tremendous, class leading performance in computing, graphics and NAND speeds but you need the A9? Damn. I had to talk on a phone with a cord and a 'dial' when I was in high school. What a trip. This thread might be the biggest and longest line of BS I've read in a decade. Nice to know there's only a few annoyed, many enjoying.

Two days to write and finish between other tasks lol. Never disappeared. Very cool.

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
No, it's not LAME. It's hands down the best iOS device to date. We've owned them all and use them to run our audio and video wirelessly. They're being used 60-120 hours a week, pending the time of year. An an original Air owner and multiple iPad 4s for our crews, the Air 2 was a tough decision for me. Unfortunately, a pair of programs we use were 'limited' in length or 'depth' video, audio...and the amount of tracks, instruments or vocals you're controlling and the former, the kength of video that can be transcoded successfully.
We picked one up, as I'm looking to replace the fleet of iPad 4s. I was instantly sold! I love my oroginal Air, it is a helluva lot quicker than my 4 --- even populating my RSS aggregator in the morning, it's easily there times quicker to compile.
Air 2 isn't 'measurable.' It's instantaneous. Same app. Limitations on both audio and video files and manipulation of Pixelmator, Lightroom, or video in Pinnacle, iMovie, or any of the other excellent DAWs and NLEs available in the App Store, as well as remotely controlling FCPx, Logic or my DSLR. It's a night and day different device and 'vibrations' being a 'deal killer', lame and a ...whatever, it's silly. It's not vibrating. It's resonating. Bass, low frequencies themselves are extremely hard to reproduce inside such a confined area.
Remember the 'Bose' lawsuit? They're using a design and airflow not unlike the Wave radios, sound bars and different Bose speaker designs. Your can flip polarization, route airflow, use heavier and stronger materials, or enlarge the enclosure. That's it! Most of us don't hear nearly low enough to hear real, true bass. It's omnidirectional, and it's a physics 'thing'. As the wave or frequency gets lower, a longer amount of 'space' or length is required for the wave to properly form and Slam your chest;)
That's what Apple has done. It's a resonate without ANY distortion. None, it's an amazing sounding case and Incredibly well built in comparison to Air v1. That model's speaker was thin, low volume and the display has a hollow tap to it. The Air 2 has fixed both. That's. Very. Cool
Not LAME, & certainly not a 'deal killer'. It's the FASTEST overall portable tab, phone or portable electronic computer you can buy, essentially working on a second (& ½) generation 64bit processor, doubling or RAM and GPU power, both evident from the first time you turn it on. Use your app of choice; game, productivity, media watching-listening-reading. Doesn't matter, actually the 'reading' part might not make my point too well as our iPad original and 2 are still legible, they're just NOT in this league. A new bar was set with this iPad. Those crying about tingly fingers or typing on a 'vibrating' screen should either
A) turn your background music down
B) get an external keyboard (if it REALLY bugs you, again...I'm going on two months with mine and it never leaves my side ...& I've owned 'me all!)
C) buy some cans. Killer sounding headphones at a hundred or two is possible, even 'easy' to achieve. 2-4 hundred is another level that gets you into Grado, AKG, B&W, and others worth a lesson. Good pair of cans is hard to beat
D) 'kill the deal'. While not realizing what you're missing

Mine's butt naked. Doesn't 'vibrate' at all. Just resonates and sounds incredible.

Lol, hopefully not many come to you for technical advice. Nothing. Weds to be fixed. Your opinion should be formed from reviews, professional and personal/subjective feelings and on your OWN. There's nothing that needs a fix NOR are there ANY 'Major issues that should be considered. Period

Ignorance is bliss. Literally EVERYthing is faster if you're doing anything on your iPad. The display, the speed, the form factor & indeed, the audio...it's amazing. It sounds to me like its you that 'cares what others...'
Advice. Don't. You'll get old like me, have kids n mortgages, college funds and insurance for everthing. You're right & wrong. They're indeed many times more powerful than NASA's main, 70s designed and built space shuttle, with early 80s computing power. Today, I'm not sure NASA has computers? Maybe. Probably iPads. They got slammed in the budget cuts
Rest assured, that was sarcasm. NASA has allowed us this technology, as has the Cold War, military and civilian development --- & the cool thing, everything 'exists to take advantage of it' and will continue as developers release more Metal optimized code, utilize SWIFT & take advantage of the Apple's incredible brains and engine.
I'll say it again, it's the BEST iOS device to date, and it's a tough call. My 6+ is phenomenal;). That said, the A8x/2GB RAM does indeed make a very noticeable difference 'out of the box'. Just open a couple tabs in Safari. Start a long post quote like this. On an Air 1 & 2. I've got them both. Switch to a different tab, sometimes you don't have to do anything...if it's dynamic enough, the Air 1 is intelligent enough to dump other, 'non' visible pages cached already rather than bring the iPad to a crash. It's typically not a concern with bandwidth speed increases, LTE and more ubiquity in the infrastructure. Those pages (re)load very quick
BUT, come back to your half filled MacRumor's forum response and it's not there. The reload has removed your information.
iPad A2, you can surf, switch apps, check your email, fall asleep and forget to charge it. Drop it on your head when you fall asleep...cussing yourself Back to sleep ...Next morning, you're waking up, pulling the RSS feed on the porcelain throne with a nice cup of coffee and flick four fingers up to return to EarlyEdition 2 --- only to realize you didn't finish your novel/response on the MR forums! NO!!!!! Devestated, you hesitantly click the Safari window, switch to the correct tab, only to realize every letter you typed is still there

...and it sounds GREAT! It's almost sad to read so many used to such crappy sound, compressed MP3s or lossy format of choice and $6 headphones these days. It's the first in history a million albums didn't sell from a single band! The only 'album' to break platinum sales was "Frozen", as its a Disney 'album only' soundtrack Monster. That's sad. Good sound is good sound. Period. Vibrating, tingling, annoyances while typing are ALL signs someone took 37 seconds at Best Buy to turn up the volume, press a display (do the same on your TV :rolleyes: -- same effect, huh? Computer display. Yup) and pretend type a thesis, in said 37 seconds with some crappy Lil Shizzy Featuring Macoroni $ DDub 'n' possé with synthesized bass ...feel the resonance, and form an opinion

It's interesting to me this thread is so long yet so few 'unique" (many have been very vocal, but still count as one) users it's actually annoying. I've many doubts from some. I understand we're all sensitive to different levels of 'tingle' but for crying out loud...
If you're male, immediate suspension of your man card
Ladies wouldn't complain about such an incredible piece of technology and phenomenal sound without the need for headphones. The physics of sound don't allow 'full' impact audio to emanate from such a small form factor. Speaker technology is still the same after a century. Magnet. Coil. Cone. Some low voltage, an amplifier, and Boom! Sound!

This one made me laugh. My three brothers, two cousins and I cut nine cords from tree length to five footers (stacked to cure). We ran four Stihls, 3 22" bars and a 20". We cut for 17 hours total over two days. There's certainly been improvements made to chainsaw safety and technology...but 'anti' vibration is marketing. My arms are still buzzing, and we were done Sunday evening

I'm not sure you understand tablet design. Comfort, ability to hold for extended periods of time without fatigue, easier to carry (compare the one pour air to a two pound Surface, it's signfificant if you're transporting it, forget holding) with phenomenal power and efficiency with a display to boot, the lamination and anti-reflective coating aren't fluff. I've got Air 1 & 2. And the former is going on Craigslist this weekend.

It's SOOOO far away. 180° difference than you infer. 'Poor user experience'. Not even PC Mag, CNet or Android Central has claimed such a falsehood. What a joke.

Might wanna get it checked. No crashes. No warmth, maybe a bit warmer than cool/skin temp if I'm rendering video or gaming with my son. Never hot and it's NEVER crashed. Is it a specific app?

Design is design. Acoustics is why they designed it like this. It's 'ported' essentially through the iPad for a significantly fuller sound, almost replicating the lower octave. Makes a lotta sense and it's Bose's silly patented technology in a significantly smaller package and 'tube structure'

That's th tough one. The '2' is certianly the 'future'. First with 2GBs of RAM. Second gen 64bit chip, with the third core, etc. Air 1 could lose its value prett quick if you wait until the entire line has sped up with double the memory, you're holding an antique. Kinda sucks it took this long to get the memory in, but all in all, it's been easily the best tablet since day one (I've still got a Xoom, and a pair of Nexus 7" tabs the kids play with, gave up)

Maybe you had an Air 1? That was the model of Air with the 'hollow' or plastic 'tap' to the display. The 2 is rock solid. And the mini 2 & 3 are extremely weak speakers compared to the Air or A2. Resonance. Not. Vibration. Not distortion. Resonance without rattle. That's. Bass

Correct. To YOU. You then sir should do what my son Mikey does. He uses his headphones when he's playing his games. Why don't you when you type? Certainly as a person using the iPad for production, you've noticed the new Air's attributes, no?

About a year. Apparently not only have you not used, felt or seen/held/felt one in real life. 'Chintzy, Thin'...not adjectives I've seen ANY owner use. Nor professional reviewer, friends, family, clients ....hmm, chintzy lol. It's as fast as laptops from two years ago dude. It's rock solid build quality, impeccable design and aesthetics with incredible endurance, tremendous, class leading performance in computing, graphics and NAND speeds but you need the A9? Damn. I had to talk on a phone with a cord and a 'dial' when I was in high school. What a trip. This thread might be the biggest and longest line of BS I've read in a decade. Nice to know there's only a few annoyed, many enjoying.

Two days to write and finish between other tasks lol. Never disappeared. Very cool.

That was a beautiful, self justifying post about why you like the Air 2. Glad you do. Filled with plenty of opinions, half truths, and nonsense, but good job nonetheless. Just use headphones.... To cover up what is a horrible design. On a very expensive device. Got it.

I'm holding it wrong. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.