Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urgeflaske

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2014
Hi guys! I hope i post this in the right section.

A week ago i re-installed Windows and thats when the problems started.. i think. I also updated my iPhone (5s) to the newest version the same day, so i dont really know where the problem is.

Anyways, before i re-installed windows and updated my phone, everytime i connected my phone to my pc it would open iTunes and auto-sync. But not anymore. Now iTunes just opens and i have to manually sync, something i always forget.

I also tested with my iPad and same problem occours. But i never backed up my iPad before, so i cant really tell if the problem is the newest iOS version or my PC.

Anyone experienced this before and have a solution? Would really appreciate it :)

jozeppy26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
St. Louis
Hi guys! I hope i post this in the right section.

A week ago i re-installed Windows and thats when the problems started.. i think. I also updated my iPhone (5s) to the newest version the same day, so i dont really know where the problem is.

Anyways, before i re-installed windows and updated my phone, everytime i connected my phone to my pc it would open iTunes and auto-sync. But not anymore. Now iTunes just opens and i have to manually sync, something i always forget.

I also tested with my iPad and same problem occours. But i never backed up my iPad before, so i cant really tell if the problem is the newest iOS version or my PC.

Anyone experienced this before and have a solution? Would really appreciate it :)

On your PC, make sure the following option is "unchecked". It is located under iTunes>Preferences>Devices tab

Screenshot 2014-12-17 19.24.08.png

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
Have you tried restarting your phone? If so, also try uninstalling the Apple mobile device driver, restart your PC, and let Windows install it again. Otherwise, you could also reinstall iTunes.

urgeflaske

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2014
Have you tried restarting your phone? If so, also try uninstalling the Apple mobile device driver, restart your PC, and let Windows install it again. Otherwise, you could also reinstall iTunes.

I already reinstalled iTunes 5 times today. And since the problem occours with my iPad aswell, its either my PC or iTunes that has the problem.

urgeflaske

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2014
I found the problem! It had something to do with apps i purchased.

So to fix this, i went into iTunes > Apps, then marked "Install new apps automatic".

Thanks for trying to help guys! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.