Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kadsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
I've tried reinstalling, trying every combination of settings, erasing my phone's settings, both network and all, and still cannot get TetherMe to work. It worked once, right after I installed it the first time. And ideas?

kadsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
How r u enabling it?

I've tried both through TetherMe settings and the tethering settings that are under general>cellular and under Bluetooth on the settings main page, I've also tried using the NCSettings toggle.

sneezymarble

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2008
Same thing has happened to me. It worked once right after I installed it, and I haven't been able to get it to work since.

bmw000

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2008
it works for me via bluetooth only. not wi-fi. just tells me it can't join the network.

kadsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Same thing has happened to me. It worked once right after I installed it, and I haven't been able to get it to work since.

What tweaks do you have installed other than TetherMe? Maybe we can figure out which tweak is causing this, if any.

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2012
Why installing tether me if you can do it with the internet sharing feature under settings? Is that faster?

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
Mine works USB, BT, and WiFi.

For reference I have loaded:

Auxo
aeycon theme
iFile
IntelliScreenX 6
iRealSMS 3.0
MobileTerminal
PkgBackup
Springtomize 2
TetherMe
Winterboard
Zephyr
3G Unrestrictor

kadsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Why installing tether me if you can do it with the internet sharing feature under settings? Is that faster?

TetherMe enables that capability, we otherwise would not have it without spending a lot of extra money.

----------

Mine works USB, BT, and WiFi.

For reference I have loaded:

Auxo
aeycon theme
iFile
IntelliScreenX 6
iRealSMS 3.0
MobileTerminal
PkgBackup
Springtomize 2
TetherMe
Winterboard
Zephyr
3G Unrestrictor

Thanks!! It is much more useful, though, if someone who is having the same problems as me could post a list of their tweaks.

kadsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
OK so I restored, rejailbroke, and reinstalled tweaks. Here are the ones I have installed now, with TetherMe working:
Auxo
Ayecon
Bonjour Fix
Browser Changer
Bulletin
BytaFont
Chromizer
FakeClockUp
FullForce for Phone
iFile
Infinidock
MobileTerminal
NCSettings
NCSettings ISX
NoNewsIsGoodNews
OpenSSH
Springtomize 2
TetherMe
Torch
Unfold
Winterboard
Zephyr
%hook's law

So the problem was caused by one of these:
Barrel
Bars
ChargingBackground
Chrome Download Manager
iCleaner
LocallAPStore
LowPowerBanner
MultiIconMover
OpenSSH
SMSConfirmation
WiFi Passwords
xCon
Zeppelin

bmw000

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2008
OK so I restored, rejailbroke, and reinstalled tweaks. Here are the ones I have installed now, with TetherMe working:
Auxo
Ayecon
Bonjour Fix
Browser Changer
Bulletin
BytaFont
Chromizer
FakeClockUp
FullForce for Phone
iFile
Infinidock
MobileTerminal
NCSettings
NCSettings ISX
NoNewsIsGoodNews
OpenSSH
Springtomize 2
TetherMe
Torch
Unfold
Winterboard
Zephyr
%hook's law

Barrel
Bars
ChargingBackground
Chrome Download Manager
iCleaner
LocallAPStore
LowPowerBanner
MultiIconMover
OpenSSH
SMSConfirmation
WiFi Passwords
xCon
Zeppelin

My tweaks installed are as follows:
Lockinfo 5
TetherMe
iFile
Barrel
Browser Changer
Springtomize 2
TV Tube Sleep
Cascade
SBSettings
Mobile Terminal

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
OK so I restored, rejailbroke, and reinstalled tweaks.
Barrel
Bars
ChargingBackground
Chrome Download Manager
iCleaner
LocallAPStore
LowPowerBanner
MultiIconMover
OpenSSH
SMSConfirmation
WiFi Passwords
xCon
Zeppelin

Tetherme is working on my iP5 with most of the tweaks you mentioned that you DO have installed. Wish I could help eliminate something from the list that ARE suspect, but I have none of them installed. So your suggestion that it's one of those apps above seems reasonable.

So now you have to wait for responses from those who DO have one of the above tweaks installed but still have Tetherme working properly. I am now a bit afraid to install any of these tweaks because I use tethering just about every day and really don't want to restore, etc.

kadsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Tetherme is working on my iP5 with most of the tweaks you mentioned that you DO have installed. Wish I could help eliminate something from the list that ARE suspect, but I have none of them installed. So your suggestion that it's one of those apps above seems reasonable.

So now you have to wait for responses from those who DO have one of the above tweaks installed but still have Tetherme working properly. I am now a bit afraid to install any of these tweaks because I use tethering just about every day and really don't want to restore, etc.

Right. So for that reason, after every tweak I install now, I test tethering right away. But I'm not going to continue on testing tweaks anymore just to see. I'll let you guys know, though, if I do ever end up finding out which are the ones that messed it up before.

Ensaladin

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2013
I was having the same problem, I had LocalIAPStore tweak installed, when I see the list that you guys was posting, I deleted it.

Now works! Thanks guys!

ynotrhyme

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2010
I have same problem now. Updated a few apps from Cydia on both phones then switched SIM cards and now my ip5 won't connect but the 6+ does still connect. I've removed a lot of Cydia apps and nothing still. Any help guys? Thanks

en0dna

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2014
I've been having the same problem for the past month on my iPhone 6. Is was working then one day it stopped. It broadcast a signal but my phone won't connect. Any help would be appreciated and I didn't install any new tweaks or apps

ynotrhyme

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2010
I've been having the same problem for the past month on my iPhone 6. Is was working then one day it stopped. It broadcast a signal but my phone won't connect. Any help would be appreciated and I didn't install any new tweaks or apps

Try rebooting both phones and then your gonna broadcast the tethering from cccontrols . Let me know

en0dna

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2014
Thanks I tried rebooting it, reinstalling the tetherme, resetting the cell phone network but it has not worked. It is able to broadcast the connection but then it says no internet access and my iphone does not flash blue like it normal does when it connects.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.