Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida

Yes I would tell him what her opinion is about white being feminine in certain things, like phones watches. A mean like I said everyone should get the color that they will be happy with. I didn't say what color is for what gender. But my wife how ever thinks that SG iPhone would look better for males. Told her about your reply, and this is what her reply is for u. I don't care how big and masculine he looks. The white iPhone still looks feminine and it even makes him look more feminine as well. And I am not afraid of anyone or anything But GOD.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 138

heycal

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2013
Thats what I am saying I am by no means saying what color one should get. Everyone should get the color they want and be happy with there choice simple.

They sure should. No reason guys can't wear pink tights and walk around with white iphones if they want. America has made great strides in tolerance for such things, and gay marriage is now legal in many states. It's a good thing all around.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
They sure should. No reason guys can't wear pink tights and walk around with white iphones if they want. America has made great strides in tolerance for such things, and gay marriage is now legal in many states. It's a good thing all around.

You've got issues mate. White goods are not homosexual, or feminine.

farleysmaster

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
Pink used to be seen as a manly colour. It's all to do with fashion / culture / society. But there's is a) clearly nothing objectively gender-specific about colour and b) no reason to think that any opinion on the question is anything more than just that, a subjective opinion.

The Robot Cow

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2012
Central California
I got my 6+ last night and it's much better than I expected. The build quality feels great, the retina hd screen is amazing, i noticed the font is different from my ip5 and it looks nicer, Touch Id is really useful. One thing i wished was different was that the gray was closer to the black of the ip5. Here are some comparison shots of my 6+ and 5

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 140

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
I got my 6+ last night and it's much better than I expected. The build quality feels great, the retina hd screen is amazing, i noticed the font is different from my ip5 and it looks nicer, Touch Id is really useful. One thing i wished was different was that the gray was closer to the black of the ip5. Here are some comparison shots of my 6+ and 5

Either way it would still be gorgeous, boy the 6+ looks like a beast along side the 5 you got there wow.

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
You're right - the matter is in taste. For every product there is always a buyer. For me, all iPhones have always stood out among all the other phones, and not because I'm a fan of Steve Jobs (and I am not) but simply as a fact. Except last iPhone. My friend bought it - I took a phone and realized that is the same phone as Samsung, HTC, Sony etc - there is no breed... But of course - it's only my opinion and you can disagree with me.

I was following u, up until the part where u said the last iPhone. Are u saying the 6/6+ looks the the Samsung, HTC, Sony etc?

The Robot Cow

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2012
Central California
Either way it would still be gorgeous, boy the 6+ looks like a beast along side the 5 you got there wow.

The current colors do compliment each other well, yea i like this bigger screen and it's less strain on my eyes. The best way i can describe it is this; even though they're very similar they are way different.

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
The current colors do compliment each other well, yea i like this bigger screen and it's less strain on my eyes. The best way i can describe it is this; even though they're very similar they are way different.

I totally agree with u on the bigger screen having less strain on the eyes. And yes they are similar but deferent for sure, I find myself since 10/16 using my 6+ for mostly everything that I would use my Mac for. You are going to enjoy your 6+, it is truly an amazing device.

mjb59463

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2012
Yes I would tell him what her opinion is about white being feminine in certain things, like phones watches. A mean like I said everyone should get the color that they will be happy with. I didn't say what color is for what gender. But my wife how ever thinks that SG iPhone would look better for males. Told her about your reply, and this is what her reply is for u. I don't care how big and masculine he looks. The white iPhone still looks feminine and it even makes him look more feminine as well. And I am not afraid of anyone or anything But GOD.

David Haye would have delivered a KO blow at the word "feminine".

heycal

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2013
You've got issues mate. White goods are not homosexual, or feminine.

Who said white was for homesexuals? Talk about issues…

Pink used to be seen as a manly colour.

When?

But even if true, it's long been known as a girly color. Why even bother debating this?

I'm not a fan of Steve Jobs also, but I cannot deny his genius that of course spreads on those things that he created. They were really outstanding, and it cannot be said about last iPhone.

I don't have iPhone. By all the reasons that you listed I prefer phones on Android.

If Jobs is a genius, too bad he confined his genius to the Mac. I love my Mac Air. But the iphone seems designed by a bunch of thoughtless clowns.

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
I've had my 6 Plus SG/64 for two weeks now. I haven't had any issues (knocks on wood) yet and I am running the 8.1.2. I have used this iPhone as I've used my other iPhones in the past. Overall it's a worthy upgrade for me. I love the size of the screen and the general fluidity of how the iOS operates. I've yet to encounter any of the known bugs or issues. At least in the way I use my iPhone.

I text, email, browse the web, and take photos. Not a gamer, I don't watch movies on a phone, I don't run 25 apps at the same time. Oh, and phone calls are wonderful to actually hear. LTE voice is awesome. I am still getting used to the physical size of this phone. It's definitely different than the previous generations. I do really like my 6 Plus. A LOT. :D:cool::apple:

farleysmaster

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
When?

But even if true, it's long been known as a girly color. Why even bother debating this? .

http://www.thescavenger.net/feminis...how-the-colour-pink-lost-its-masculinity.html

http://www.npr.org/2014/04/01/297159948/girls-are-taught-to-think-pink-but-that-wasnt-always-so

http://forgottenhistoryblog.com/pin...minine-color-and-blue-wasnt-always-masculine/

I'm not questioning what the predominant cultural bias is in the western world of today (but only since 1945...) but saying, there is nothing inherently gendered about these colours. They have changed and they will change again, and as recently as 2001, Apple was leading the charge to make white the cool colour for personal computing devices.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone

Slap a black Apple case on it. Blacks out the phone. Adds protection and grip, especially one handed. And for me at least, doesn't add objectional size increase. I even use jet black wallpaper. Icons really stand out.

Last edited:

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ

How is the "pocketability" of the 6+? I have a 5 now and will be upgrading next week. I'm all but sold on the 6 as I feel the 6+ is just going to be too big. But I haven't totally ruled it out yet.

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2007

I agree with you 100%. I rocked the same phones (black iPhone 5, space gray iPhone 6+). I love the dark back of the iPhone 5, BUT, being a HUGE fan of the original iPhone, I kinda like the new combo, reminds me a lot of the original, which I thought was beautiful.

I will say this, I'm loving everything about this phone, the screen is amazing, even while reading books on the Amazon Kindle app, the screen just looks so incredibly crisp. The touch ID is a cool feature, love getting apps that way (not having to type my password). Just the best iPhone ever in my opinion.

heycal

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2013
They have changed and they will change again, and as recently as 2001, Apple was leading the charge to make white the cool colour for personal computing devices.

Great. Let us know when they get around to phones. Right now, white is a girly color for an iphone. But again, everyone should get the color they want, no judgements.

I

I will say this, I'm loving everything about this phone, the screen is amazing, even while reading books on the Amazon Kindle app, the screen just looks so incredibly crisp..

I don't understand much about screens, but don't flagship Androids have higher resolution or DPI or whatever it is, and therefore should be better, than the iphone 6?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Great. Let us know when they get around to phones. Right now, white is a girly color for an iphone. But again, everyone should get the color they want, no judgements.

I don't understand much about screens, but don't flagship Androids have higher resolution or DPI or whatever it is, and therefore should be better, than the iphone 6?
And yet in your own words earlier you said "colors aren't gender exclusive". Anyway...

The Robot Cow

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2012
Central California
How is the "pocketability" of the 6+? I have a 5 now and will be upgrading next week. I'm all but sold on the 6 as I feel the 6+ is just going to be too big. But I haven't totally ruled it out yet.

It feels fine in my pockets

----------

I agree with you 100%. I rocked the same phones (black iPhone 5, space gray iPhone 6+). I love the dark back of the iPhone 5, BUT, being a HUGE fan of the original iPhone, I kinda like the new combo, reminds me a lot of the original, which I thought was beautiful.

I will say this, I'm loving everything about this phone, the screen is amazing, even while reading books on the Amazon Kindle app, the screen just looks so incredibly crisp. The touch ID is a cool feature, love getting apps that way (not having to type my password). Just the best iPhone ever in my opinion.

Ah! I haven't heard anyone make the connection of the original iPhone and the current space gray and hearing that makes me like the color a bit more. I love the 6+, it's perfect for me. Screen and battery life was the main reason I got it. No regrets at all.

heycal

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2013
And yet in your own words earlier you said "colors aren't gender exclusive". Anyway...

They aren't gender exclusive in that men shouldn't have girly colored phones if they want them, or that girls should't get the manly space gray. Eveyone should be free to choose whatever color they want. Don't you agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.