Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Hi,

A few days ago (Saturday) I purchased the following drive online :

http://store.mcetech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=UNBBD6X-A

I haven't heard back from the company yet about the processing of my order.
Has anyone used them, and have any experience with them ?

Are they even in business anymore? I mean that website looks like something from 2004+

Also lots of 1/5 customer ratings

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCE-Technologies/Irvine-California-92618/MCE-Technologies-Charged-me-for-an-order-I-had-cancelled-499-Sales-representative-confi-380615

bobbywise

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2014
They debited my card yesterday.... So I will see..... Their website was featured on other websites for this bluray device, so I think they are in business.... But the ecommerce site of theirs looks bad.... Cubecart, which is free makes a better ecommerce site... I'll update the post with an update as to whether the product arrives !

bobbywise

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2014
I thought I'd update the post. The bluray drive arrived this week.
Here's a complete summary.
Ordered online 22nd Nov 2014
Card debited a few days later.
USPS given shipping details Dec 1st 2014 (but no product).
USPS given product Dec 9th 2014, then shipped to me in France.
Arrived on Dec 17th 2014.

The bluray drive works well, and I'm glad to have it for my MacBook Pro. It's just a shame the company takes nearly three weeks to source and dispatch their products. I guess they are a reliable company, but just a bit long to source and dispatch!

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
I thought I'd update the post. The bluray drive arrived this week.
Here's a complete summary.
Ordered online 22nd Nov 2014
Card debited a few days later.
USPS given shipping details Dec 1st 2014 (but no product).
USPS given product Dec 9th 2014, then shipped to me in France.
Arrived on Dec 17th 2014.

The bluray drive works well, and I'm glad to have it for my MacBook Pro. It's just a shame the company takes nearly three weeks to source and dispatch their products. I guess they are a reliable company, but just a bit long to source and dispatch!

They're probably drop shipping the product, or ordering it from, a supplier rater than stocking items.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.