Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MashedPotatoJones

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
So far, from what I've seen here and the Sprint Community forums, only movement we have seen on SG 128GB 6 Pluses...are those that ordered 9/20 and prior. Nothing later than that....and that is what worries me. I know I have an October order, but it was the first of October. I'm really hoping I get mine soon...and that the folks at the store where I ordered it from actually call me to pick it up the moment it comes in.

fzappa2

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2014
So far, from what I've seen here and the Sprint Community forums, only movement we have seen on SG 128GB 6 Pluses...are those that ordered 9/20 and prior. Nothing later than that....and that is what worries me. I know I have an October order, but it was the first of October. I'm really hoping I get mine soon...and that the folks at the store where I ordered it from actually call me to pick it up the moment it comes in.

I ordered (and paid for) the 6 plus 128gb space grey on 9/27 in a Sprint store. It's been over 11 weeks and they still can't tell me when it is shipping. I talked to the manager of the store on Friday 12/12 & she said she received an email from corporate that "they are expecting a huge shipment early next week (as in this week) that will fill all back orders from 9/23 to today". We shall see.

generik79

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2014
I ordered (and paid for) the 6 plus 128gb space grey on 9/27 in a Sprint store. It's been over 11 weeks and they still can't tell me when it is shipping. I talked to the manager of the store on Friday 12/12 & she said she received an email from corporate that "they are expecting a huge shipment early next week (as in this week) that will fill all back orders from 9/23 to today". We shall see.

That's consistent with what Sprint Chat told me. Although he point blank said in our hands by 12/19 (this Friday). And it's not inconsistent with what Order Support told me on Friday, which was that my phone was in the warehouse but not picked up yet by UPS--still could be soon.

So, I'll say this. It's the first time in this God awful experience three sources said roughly the same thing--though I still doubt it seriously.

UPDATE: Just went to Sprint Chat again to see what they'd say later in the day. He gave me the same message. DELIVERY by the 19th. I pinned him down a bit. He said it would need to ship by Wednesday AM at the latest to arrive by Friday. So they have about 36 hours to make a tracking number appear, or I've been lied to again. We shall see...

Last edited:

sydb1974

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2014
I ordered a 6+ 128GB Space Grey on 10/6. Checked my order status tonight and finally have a tracking number. Maybe the supposed shipment has finally arrived?

MashedPotatoJones

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
I ordered a 6+ 128GB Space Grey on 10/6. Checked my order status tonight and finally have a tracking number. Maybe the supposed shipment has finally arrived?

Let me know when you get it/are supposed to get it so that I know when to pester the store I ordered my phone at. I ordered on 10/1 same model.

generik79

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2014
I have a tracking number

9/29 Order...

Just found it there this morning at 8 AM.

Scheduled Delivery:
Wednesday, 12/17/2014, By End of Day

Last Location:
Louisville, KY, United States, Tuesday, 12/16/2014

generik79

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2014
What sprint owes us for this travesty

For those who have been waiting MONTHS after paying for a phone...what have you gotten from Sprint as compensation? Looking to get a rough idea.

We all get the FREE 36$ activation.

Some got accessories credits...how much? Bill credits...how much?

I think we are owed.:apple:

MashedPotatoJones

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
I pretty much just got the waived activation fee. Once I have the phone in my hands is when I'm going to pursue ramifications. This includes having my upgrade date moved to the date I ordered the thing, and not the date of activation, among other things I will be pursuing.

MashedPotatoJones

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
There is movement

There is movement of orders now on the Sprint community forums. Only those of us who ordered in a Sprint store remain in the dark.

fzappa2

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2014
There is movement of orders now on the Sprint community forums. Only those of us who ordered in a Sprint store remain in the dark.

9/27 6 plus 128gb SG ordered in a Sprint store. Just talked to the manager again. No tracking info on my order. She said "they did tell me that orders wont show up in the system after 60 days. But I can still see your order and it says pending". What the Hell is that? I'm seeing Sprint online orders going through that were place 2 weeks ago and store orders placed weeks after mine that are getting tracking numbers!

MashedPotatoJones

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
9/27 6 plus 128gb SG ordered in a Sprint store. Just talked to the manager again. No tracking info on my order. She said "they did tell me that orders wont show up in the system after 60 days. But I can still see your order and it says pending". What the Hell is that? I'm seeing Sprint online orders going through that were place 2 weeks ago and store orders placed weeks after mine that are getting tracking numbers!

All I know is that Sprint has 4 days to put the phone I ordered in my hand, or else. I'm tired of this whole run around game they've been playing.

ysvsr1

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2013
Sprint Order status:mad:

Placed an order for iphone 6plus space grey 128 and iphone 6 128 gold in sprint store on 11/1. Order status did not update on sprint website. when I contacted customer care, both phones are shipped and I can pick them at store today evening. weird:eek:

fzappa2

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2014
Placed an order for iphone 6plus space grey 128 and iphone 6 128 gold in sprint store on 11/1. Order status did not update on sprint website. when I contacted customer care, both phones are shipped and I can pick them at store today evening. weird:eek:

Sprint Customer Care gave you that information? They keep telling me & MashedPotatoJones that an order placed in a Sprint store can only be checked on by the Sprint store because those orders are in a different system. The order number they give you cannot be checked on Sprints "Track My Order" online either.

MashedPotatoJones

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
Sprint Customer Care gave you that information? They keep telling me & MashedPotatoJones that an order placed in a Sprint store can only be checked on by the Sprint store because those orders are in a different system. The order number they give you cannot be checked on Sprints "Track My Order" online either.

Got my tracking number emailed to me. Should be at the store on Thursday...though still a bit disgruntled by the fact it was not shipped out in the order in which the orders were placed, seeing as some people who ordered at later dates than myself are already getting their phones.

fzappa2

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2014
Got my tracking number emailed to me. Should be at the store on Thursday...though still a bit disgruntled by the fact it was not shipped out in the order in which the orders were placed, seeing as some people who ordered at later dates than myself are already getting their phones.

Yep. I ordered 9/27 in a Sprint store. 6 Plus 128 SG I still do not have shipping info.

MashedPotatoJones

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
I don't know. It's a stand alone Sprint store and that's all they offer. But I don't know if it's a corporate store or not.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but can you tell me which one you bought it at? Should be able to use that information to determine if the one you bought it from is corporate or not using the website's store finder.

fzappa2

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2014
Hope you don't mind me asking, but can you tell me which one you bought it at? Should be able to use that information to determine if the one you bought it from is corporate or not using the website's store finder.

Sprint Store
Print details|Hide details
1307 W Lane Rd
Machesney Park, IL 61115
Phone: (815) 633-7126
Text to my phone or email
Driving Directions
Sales Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10 AM - 08 PM
Sat: 10 AM - 07 PM
Sun: 11 AM - 05 PM
Store #1128

MashedPotatoJones

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
Sprint Store
Print details|Hide details
1307 W Lane Rd
Machesney Park, IL 61115
Phone: (815) 633-7126
Text to my phone or email
Driving Directions
Sales Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10 AM - 08 PM
Sat: 10 AM - 07 PM
Sun: 11 AM - 05 PM
Store #1128

Well...that's a corporate store. That's odd...I'm not sure what to tell you on this one.

ysvsr1

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2013
At sprint store (not corporate one), when i asked for order number they gave me one which starts with DM. You can check status of order number at sprint site (ofcourse, it is useless as they dont update their site with shipping information or any other notes). I gave the same number to customer care and they could able to provide me shipping information.

fyi..just now i checked UPS and they already delivered to the store. As expected, I did not get any call or email from store or sprint.

----------

i guess Sprint got a truck load of iphones from Apple and they are sending them all at once..

ysvsr1

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2013
I got my 2 iPhones yeterday evening. After 6 weeks of wait time, I thought my wait period is over. Then I was getting Activation failed message on both phones. Online customer care and Store rep could not able to help me much after 2 hrs of trying..I tried all possible options like resetting, restart, Today morning phones are activated after several attempts..

fzappa2

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2014
I got it

I ordered the 6 plus 128gb space grey on 9/27 in a Sprint store. I picked up my phone today. I received a call from the store. Never received an email that it had shipped & tracking my order number never showed it shipped either.

travellingdawg

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2013
My wife ordered an iPhone 6 (Silver) 64Gb back on November 14th and still hasn't received it. She just called the Sprint store here in Atlanta that she ordered it from and they have no record of her ordering it.

Meanwhile, we've got a receipt showing the order number, the barcode, the register id, and the salesperson's name, and my credit card paid the receipt. She's about to head down to the store to give'em hell. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.