Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
The diztronic for iPhone 6 is lovely, I know I had one.

The diztronic for iPhone 6+ is not lovely, it's square and awkward instead of curved and contoured to the bottom.

It's not a bad case, but its not the diztronic I came to know and love over the course of having it on iPhone 5 and Nexus 5 and iPhone 6.

Even the bottom seems sloppy, with the obvious injection mold and chunky looking cut outs. And though the Diz are a matte texture, I have a feeling this texture will hold up better against scratches.

I will let the pictures speak for themselves (even though I just spoke a lot):
Vgtpejd.jpg

nEL8KbL.jpg

8gs7RhK.jpg

oBDYkek.jpg

Last edited:

Ryxmd

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2014
I received my NGP for my 6 Plus last Friday and love it. This is the case I'm sticking with.

I went from a Spigen Neo Hybrid, which is a great case but made the Plus too big, to a Ultra Hybrid. The cut out for the lightning port on the Ultra Hybrid is sloppy. I also ordered a capsule which I didn't even bother trying on. It just feels flimsy and cheap.

MichaelMidnight

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2008
Los Angeles
The diztronic for iPhone 6 is lovely, I know I had one.

The diztronic for iPhone 6+ is not lovely, it's square and awkward instead of curved and contoured to the bottom.

It's not a bad case, but its not the diztronic I came to know and love over the course of having it on iPhone 5 and Nexus 5 and iPhone 6.

Even the bottom seems sloppy, with the obvious injection mold and chunky looking cut outs. And though the Diz are a matte texture, I have a feeling this texture will hold up better against scratches.

I will let the pictures speak for themselves (even though I just spoke a lot):

Dude! How do you get a killer lockscreen like that!

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
NGP is a great case. I really like it. If I didn't use the OB defender as my daily, it would be the NGP

docprego

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
I too just switched from the Diztronic matte to the NGP for my 6 Plus. I went with the clear frosted NGP and love the way I can see through the case. Please note it's translucent, not transparent and made of that crystal clear material that looks filthy all the time.

The thing I disliked most about the Diztronic was the beveled edge on the front and back where there is a space where dust constantly accumulates. The NGP has no such problem.

I had my reservations about the area near the camera cutout, in person it hasn't bothered me one bit.

The only minor nit is the power button is a hair less responsive than the one on the Diztronic. But it is not to the point where it is an issue, the Diztronic was just a bit better.

Overall I love the NGP.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I too just switched from the Diztronic matte to the NGP for my 6 Plus. I went with the clear frosted NGP and love the way I can see through the case. Please note it's translucent, not transparent and made of that crystal clear material that looks filthy all the time.

The thing I disliked most about the Diztronic was the beveled edge on the front and back where there is a space where dust constantly accumulates. The NGP has no such problem.

I had my reservations about the area near the camera cutout, in person it hasn't bothered me one bit.

The only minor nit is the power button is a hair less responsive than the one on the Diztronic. But it is not to the point where it is an issue, the Diztronic was just a bit better.

Overall I love the NGP.

Pics please ! Do you think it will yellow ? Maybe I will get it as well but the blue is like a 6+ translucent 5c blue style ish.

docprego

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
Hard to say if it will yellow or not, but it seems like a very high quality material.

Had to take the photos with my iPad Air so quality is not the greatest but should suffice.

Attachments

• IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 567
  • IMG_0145.JPG
    IMG_0145.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 543

BensonTT

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
The clear frost NGP looks the best but sadly it gets yellow.. Wife had it for 2 months now, and you can see it turn yellow in different angles..

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
The clear frost NGP looks the best but sadly it gets yellow.. Wife had it for 2 months now, and you can see it turn yellow in different angles..

That rules that out then. Maybe I'll pick up a black ngp if I want another color. Seriously digging the blue for now though

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Got the translucent frost color for iPhone 6, but I think it's too thick. It looks pretty good, but I'm not used to the bulk since I usually use snap cases on my iPhones. Seems like it's a few mm thicker than the protrusion of the rear camera which I don't think is really necessary. Not a bad case if you're looking for really good protection though.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Really? One of the things I like about 6+ NGP is its thin ness.

I'm off the case market now

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Got the translucent frost color for iPhone 6, but I think it's too thick. It looks pretty good, but I'm not used to the bulk since I usually use snap cases on my iPhones. Seems like it's a few mm thicker than the protrusion of the rear camera which I don't think is really necessary. Not a bad case if you're looking for really good protection though.

If you want something similar but slightly thinner, check out Switcheasy Numbers. I had the NGP before I switched to the Numbers.

awtryau89

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
My case also turned yellow after about six weeks.

I had the Frost and I returned it after it got dirty very quickly. I have the black as well. I wish they made the NGP in the old translucent gray. It was the perfect case. The black is almost there in really bright light but still hides too much.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
love this case so much I bought the black as well, its transparent somewhat in really bright lighting. But its subtle:

IfPyT11.jpg

HI41DU9.jpg

sbbrown333

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2009
Upstate SC
I went through at least 10 cases for my iPhone 6 before getting the Incipio NGP and it is by far my favorite. I would've stuck with my Tech 21 but the back wasn't scratch resistant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.