Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

awtryau89

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
Just purchased the Force for my 6+ from the Apple store. I am not a fan. I couldn't really tell in the store but after using it for a few hours, I hate the lip. I do like the frost color but not worth it. I have the blue leather Apple case and the Force is as big or bigger feeling in my hand. Nothing can beat the feel of the phone naked so I am ordering the Veil and probably going with that. I was just going to have a skin installed but I can buy every color of Veil for about the same money.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
California
Just purchased the Force for my 6+ from the Apple store. I am not a fan. I couldn't really tell in the store but after using it for a few hours, I hate the lip. I do like the frost color but not worth it. I have the blue leather Apple case and the Force is as big or bigger feeling in my hand. Nothing can beat the feel of the phone naked so I am ordering the Veil and probably going with that. I was just going to have a skin installed but I can buy every color of Veil for about the same money.

The one from the website is a lot better in my opinion. No lip, feels like a naked iPhone but with a better grip.

tsturbo

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2008
Narrowed it down to either the PSAJ or Apple leather case, Apple leather case won me over, think about it....hard plastic or leather? Leather all the way, much nicer feel in the hand IMO

WuMyster

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Torn between the Clear and Clear Matte for my Space Grey.
Ordering from the UK as well, so can't order both :S

Any suggestions?

tsturbo

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2008
Torn between the Clear and Clear Matte for my Space Grey.
Ordering from the UK as well, so can't order both :S

Any suggestions?
Smoke looks awesome on space grey and so does rubber black. I do not like the look of the frosted case on space grey. I ended up going with the black Apple leather case and really liking it so far on my space grey 6+:D

WuMyster

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Smoke looks awesome on space grey and so does rubber black. I do not like the look of the frosted case on space grey. I ended up going with the black Apple leather case and really liking it so far on my space grey 6+:D

Absolutely hate the black. Will try and find a pic/video of the smoke.

WuMyster

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
I have an iPhone Plus Space Gray. I first bought the Smoke. I changed to the Clear. I prefer the Clear. Makes the phone look most like it was made to supposed to look like.

Mind posting a photo of both on? I'm really liking the clear.

griss0r

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2014
Just returned a smoke Force 6 plus.. My Fingers hurt after trying to remove it two times

iRobby

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Fort Myers, FL USA

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 292

hidehide

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2007
How's it holding up as far as scratches? Any creaking?
No crack, the case is made of good material that is flexible.
However, the back of my case was scratched the next day after putting it on the night before.. :confused:
But since then, no other scratch was made.. I guess I was just really unlucky to accidentally scratched without noticing it..

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
I caved in an decided to try again one of these AJ's from the Apple Store. Fits very snug but there seems to be some play on the bottom right corner. Anyone else XP this? The smoke color looks really good, but I can feel slight movement towards the bottom right...

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
ive had my clear non force AJ on my gray 6 for a couple weeks now and love it. snug, no creaking, and doesnt touch the camera. super super hard to remove but even after sweating out that struggle i was super relieved to see that zero scratches or damage were done to the phone. has just a little lint along the bottom edge, but the case is so tight the lint hasnt gone any further into the case than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

arcturuz

macrumors regular
May 15, 2008
I caved in an decided to try again one of these AJ's from the Apple Store. Fits very snug but there seems to be some play on the bottom right corner. Anyone else XP this? The smoke color looks really good, but I can feel slight movement towards the bottom right...

both my clear matte and rubber black have movements

it has gotten so irritating to the point that i decided to abandon them

horrible QC by PS

ELPresidente720

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Quick note about the Force version: I've dropped my phone several times including once from SUV height down to the parking lot and suffered no damage to the phone at all. Hurray for the lip!

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
Is the case still snug? After trying many cases from speck, otterbox, Apple silicone, etc I finally decided to try the smoked AJ force version. It moves a little here and there with some dust
Underneath, but it's definitely grown on me. PS stated they're sending me a replacement after contacting them. Not sure how long that will take.

Lcly

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2015
I am very tempted to purchase this casing. However, I have a few concerns.

From where I come from (Singapore), the weather is very humid and we sweat a lot. With a non-flip phone case like this one, what if sweat comes into contact with my phone when I receive/make calls? And when I put inside my pants pocket, sometimes I will sweat which leaves my phone screen with sweat patch (my iPhone). Will these cause my phone to spoil (water damage)?

Please advise. Thanks so much! :) cheers!

dsiiist

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2013
Need some help on the FORCE version, first of all, smoke or clear. So is the force really that much worse than the original, creaking, trapped dust, scratches etc.

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
Need some help on the FORCE version, first of all, smoke or clear. So is the force really that much worse than the original, creaking, trapped dust, scratches etc.

I have the Force version from the Apple Store, in smoke colored. It creaks a little here and there, with some trapped dust underneath where the sides are, but that's with every case. It's hardly noticeable unless you look closely. As far as scratches, I can safely say this case is really holding up very well against scratches. I haven't tried the original from PS themselves so can't comment on that one. If the dust underneath brothers you, you might wanna get the black colored one.

dsiiist

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2013
I have the Force version from the Apple Store, in smoke colored. It creaks a little here and there, with some trapped dust underneath where the sides are, but that's with every case. It's hardly noticeable unless you look closely. As far as scratches, I can safely say this case is really holding up very well against scratches. I haven't tried the original from PS themselves so can't comment on that one. If the dust underneath brothers you, you might wanna get the black colored one.
The problem might be solely exclusive to ur case

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
The problem might be solely exclusive to ur case

I had a matte version from the Apple store and it creaked from the first day. My wife still has her matte force and it creaks as well (but not as badly as mine). I did put on and take it off a few times (playing around with different cases) and the creaking may have gotten worse. After doing this 3-4 times, a crack developed on the edge...and I only had the case for about a week. My wife never took hers off so it's still perfect.

Last edited:

ELPresidente720

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014

I went with matte and haven't gotten any scratches minus what I earned from a drop in the parking lot (phone was fine thanks to the case's lip!). I had some creaking in the lower right corner but it went away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.