Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
So... I have been trying four or five different 3rd party keyboards. I seem to always switch between the default iOS keyboard, Fleksy, and Swiftkey. This recent update has pushed me back to Fleksy.

The main reason is the extensions. These aren't iOS extensions, but rather knobs you can turn on or off to change the keyboard's behavior. One of the extensions with the newest update is a button to switch between one-handed mode. It makes the keyboard small and pushes it to the right or left. It can be enabled with a single click, and then with another click you can go back to fullscreen.

For me, I have loved my iPhone 6, but my biggest gripe with the device has been reduced one-handability. I have smaller hands... This makes it SO much easier to type with one hand now. And the good part is that I don't need to dedicate some 3rd party one-handed keyboard to this. I just click a button, and it moves over. NICE!

Anyhow, I have been on Swiftkey for the past month or so pretty much constantly. I'm going to see if Fleksy is maybe the keyboard for me.

nazaar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
I have tried many of these keyboards and I always keep coming back to the stock one as it seems to work the best for me. Am I the only one?

I've tried a few and have settled on nintype.

I blame all 3rd party keyboard issues on Apple.

poppy10

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
UK
What I find really dodgy is that the developer changed the IAP pricing descriptions.

Before, it listed the prices for each IAP (i.e. $0.99, etc) and with the new update they have changed it to say "GET" in the same manner that Apple now displays the price for free apps in the App Store.

This is no doubt an attempt to confuse the unattentive consumer into thinking its going to be free then tapping through the pop up without realizing they're paying for it.

Wow, that's some really shady business practices there. Despicable to try to trick people like that.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I don't believe we should have been given this much flexibility with keyboards. Apple should have developed some different colours in-house and made these available.

Um, why? Why does it bother you how other people want to customize their phone?

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
I like the stock keyboard(s) fine, except for one thing... no cursor keys. I find touch-hold-drag to insert cursor kludgy.

Does anyone know of a keyboard app/extension that could add a row of cursor keys to the default keyboards, or that just has cursor keys in general?

A thousand times this! The stock ios keyboard works better for me than any 3rd party keyboard i've tried, so all I want is cursor control! The tap-and-hold magnifier is awful, requires tons of precision, is often completely covered up by my thumb so I can't see where the cursor is being placed, winds up in the wrong spot and needs to be redone, takes a ton of time to get it to the right spot, etc.

All I want is the stock ios keyboard with better cursor control!

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Are these advertisements too? [...]

Yes, except for perhaps the List article. They certainly shouldn't be on the front page, IMO. The front page should be reserved for news about Apple, not third party products, unless it's something extremely newsworthy.

victor.parr.9

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2014
Got a question about My Chart , if I go into the website I can get into my Chart but if I try the My Chart app after the people at the clinc or hospital reset my password I can get in to my medical stuff but if I leave the my chart app or it times out it won't let me back in but I can go on the website than I can , does anybody has this problem ? If yes can we fix it on my phone ?

theelysium

Suspended
Nov 18, 2008
None of the 3rd party keyboards have the voice dictation button on them, which makes all of them useless to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.