Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How much would you pay for the AT&T unlimited data plan for the iPad?

• $0

Votes: 104 28.3%
  • $1-100

Votes: 150 40.8%
  • $101-300

Votes: 26 7.1%
  • $301-500

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • $501-700

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • $701-900

Votes: 12 3.3%
  • $901-1100

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • $1100-1300

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • $1300-1500

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • More than $1500

Votes: 26 7.1%

• Total voters

Yardman1977

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2014
Chicagoland
My att unite hotspot wont work with my ipad data unlimited sim. ..it says att and has a good signal in upper left but my ipad and iphone say no mobile data connection detected....ive signed in to both of them with my password and theyre both showing hooked up to the unite.. but the unite says yor data connection is disconnected.....then when i click on connect on the unite nothing happens....ive tried to reset the unite too...anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

tmarks11

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
My att unite hotspot wont work with my ipad data unlimited sim. ..it says att and has a good signal in upper left but my ipad and iphone say no mobile data connection detected..
Mine worked out of the box right away with no problems.

but...

I have the same problem you have right now happen a couple times... outage lasted for a few hours, and than it came back and worked just fine. Very strange. It said I had an LTE signal, but the display showed the ATTENTION warning on it with no explanation of what that meant.

I power cycled it and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Are you saying that the unite pro has never worked for you with the iPad nano sim, or that it is not working now?

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
I looked at what some of the other unlimited plans were going for. A few months back people were paying $1100+ for them. Wow.

I sure hope ATT doesn't ever touch this plan in a negative way.

Me too. But I think we're good.

1100 is around the norm but really if people do the math it's invaluable. Att charges 50 for 5 gb, 10 every gb after that. I normally do at least 30 gb a month. So att would charge 300 for one month. It adds up.

einmusiker

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2010
I have an unlimited data plan on a verizon ipad. Costs 45 plus tax but it's much better because of the coverage area and since it's a verizon ipad free unthrottled tethering. I don't pay for cable Internet

Yardman1977

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2014
Chicagoland
Mine worked out of the box right away with no problems.

but...

I have the same problem you have right now happen a couple times... outage lasted for a few hours, and than it came back and worked just fine. Very strange. It said I had an LTE signal, but the display showed the ATTENTION warning on it with no explanation of what that meant.

I power cycled it and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Are you saying that the unite pro has never worked for you with the iPad nano sim, or that it is not working now?
I have an att unite hotspot...not a pro....i found out that my data wasnt working on my ipad either when i put the sim in it.....so i took it to att store ...the ipad that is...not the hotspott and they looked at my acct and had to reset something on my acct that was blocking the data from transmitting...so works fine now.. thanks. for the reply...

TECHNOLOGE

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2014
I have been using an unlimited AT&T iPad data sim in an iPhone for a while now. An iPhone 6 now. But it's asking for a carrier update, do you think this is safe? Also can I use the new apple sim for the iPad in the iPhone 6? I'm using Google voice and talkatone. Any other options for voice?

No dont update the carrier settings, those carrier settings is for the iPhone data not iPad. So keep the settings you already out it because you will need that in order to use the data.

This is me too :) I have people trying to convince me to drop it all the time.

You know the worth of the plan, you know u need to keep it.

I have an unlimited data plan on a verizon ipad. Costs 45 plus tax but it's much better because of the coverage area and since it's a verizon ipad free unthrottled tethering. I don't pay for cable Internet

I recall a few years back there was a iPad Data Unlimited Plan for Verizon. That is one plan is never see, its more rare then the ATT ones.

I would like to have that plan just to do some testing on it. If i offered you 2 ATT iPad Data Unlimited Plans, in exchange for your plan?

monkey28rb

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
I recall a few years back there was a iPad Data Unlimited Plan for Verizon. That is one plan is never see, its more rare then the ATT ones.

I would like to have that plan just to do some testing on it. If i offered you 2 ATT iPad Data Unlimited Plans, in exchange for your plan?[/QUOTE]

The plan he is referring to is the $29.99 Unlimited data + the $15 30min loyalty plan. Not a pure verizon ipad unlimited plan. I have this plan a long with the ATT iPad plan. Verizon does not allow one to transfer unlimited plans anymore.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I've followed this thread with great intersst and have almost bought the original at&t iPad plan on a couple of occasions just cause I want one lol. I don't use that much data. Recently ATT had a promo that let you double your data with no increase in fees and I jumped from 20 to 40gb and will keep that till an even better offer comes along. I don't see how anyone uses 300gb per month, I can't break 20 to save my life.
I do have wifi at home, but not at work. Granted, I don't do videos or music while at work but do text, surf and email constantly.
:apple:

Last edited:

east85

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
Don't think I posted here, but I ended up paying 800 USD. Worth it.

TECHNOLOGE

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2014
Download speeds and upload speeds depend on the area in which you are in and how far are u from a tower.

fav

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2013
Can I use AT&T UDP SIM with Android device?

I've been using AT&T Unlimited Data Plan for iPad with Unite Pro for a long time. The question is what will happen if I put this sim into the phone? Can I use like a normal smartphone w/o calling? If so, can I use SMS? Thanks in advance.

R90805

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2015
I am new to this forum but i just purchased an unlimited ipad plan for 775 on ebay it is totally worth it i use it on my iphone 6 plus for data only Thanks for all the advice here which guided me to buy it....

biosci

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Chicagoland, IL
I was just thinking about utterly awesome this SIM would be on something like the rumored ipad pro.... Not worrying about data consumption on a device that would most likely utilize it the most from entertainment to actual productivity. Even thinking of my workflow from drafts on note apps to Page layout, then to PDFs that need to be proofed and edited further with files shuttling from the device to cloud storage locations etc etc....

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
I was just thinking about utterly awesome this SIM would be on something like the rumored ipad pro.... Not worrying about data consumption on a device that would most likely utilize it the most from entertainment to actual productivity. Even thinking of my workflow from drafts on note apps to Page layout, then to PDFs that need to be proofed and edited further with files shuttling from the device to cloud storage locations etc etc....

Hopefully if there's a ipad pro I'll let u know lol

----------

I am new to this forum but i just purchased an unlimited ipad plan for 775 on ebay it is totally worth it i use it on my iphone 6 plus for data only Thanks for all the advice here which guided me to buy it....

You got a great bargain for that price! Congrats

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.