Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Damian83

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
smartphone "gaming" its a complete **** with all those "free"2play junk. i got a ps vita

Sol

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2003
Australia
I wish Apple would fix the lag of Lighting to HDMI adaptors and the Apple TV in Airplay Mirror mode. If they do that, then controllers for iOS would make a lot more sense than they do now.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
£60? Jesus christ no.

That may be £10 more than the RRP of a PS4 controller, but even those can be bought as cheap as £35 now (official ones too).

----------

smartphone "gaming" its a complete **** with all those "free"2play junk. i got a ps vita
Between a 3DS and Vita I'm completely covered too :)

Which also has f2p junk on it.

There are plenty of high end games available for iOS too, just needs a little bit of knowing what you are after.
Drop a pinch of salt into a bucket of water and it's fine, but I wouldn't want to drink any sea water.

iOS is polluted with too much junk. Not to forget the race-to-the-bottom on prices. On my other systems I'm happy paying full price for games to get a complete experience that won't be rendered unplayable after an iOS update and the devs no longer support their work, I'm happy knowing that once I've bought a game it'll be playable forever* (or until the system dies! Given my Gameboys are still in peak condition I think that might be a while off).

After I picked up my iPhone 6 I was considering getting some of the more full-price iOS games. But FF3 (one of the few I really wanted) isn't as good as the PSP version, the GTAs are all tough to control with fingers floating infront of the screen.

Megaman

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2006

I love my friggin PS Vita. It has so many amazing Indie games (and some great AAA ones too), its not funny. Not to mention playing games remotely on my PS4.

I just bought the "MOGA REBEL Game Controller". It had some good reviews. I wonder how this controller stacks up?

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
70 bucks? Are you mad man?? :eek:

the article states its only 10 bucks more than the highly mass produced PS and XB wireless controllers. for a smaller scaled product that doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

i remember when people were complaining about $100. now even 30% cheaper isn't good enough....oh, brother

----------

not really, ps4 and xb1 controllers have been down in the $35 dollar range if you watch slickdeals

um yeah coupon sites dont reflect MSRPs...

----------

I think you mean you wish Apple would let their controllers be used with iOS.

Especially in the case of the DualShock 4, Sony did a great job making it wonderfully cross-platform. Besides just a PlayStation, you can use it on a Mac and PC wired or wirelessly, and you can use it wired with Android devices.

This one's in Apple's court.

nope. the MFI spec for controllers is published. its up to the manufacturers to meet it.

Z400Racer37

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2011
the article states its only 10 bucks more than the highly mass produced PS and XB wireless controllers. for a smaller scaled product that doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

i remember when people were complaining about $100. now even 30% cheaper isn't good enough....oh, brother

Those are dedicated gaming platforms, with dedicated games. This is an iOS device that can't even be played on your TV with any sort of reasonable quality and without lag. Totally different. And XB/PS controllers are expensive too.

Dotten

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2014
I´m all over...
You can´t get this quality cheaper!

Before people complained about the 100 bucks, now it´s 30% cheaper! And still complains. You need to understand that you cant get a quality MFI controller much cheaper than this! There is no reason to all this ********...
For people who enjoy mobile/iPad gaming, this is a need!!! :mad:

jimbobb24

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2005
Why are these

So expensive? They are not even in the same league as the PS4 controllers (motion sensing, touch sensing, rumble - known build quality) or XOne controllers. I don't get it. Generic controllers should be cheaper, not pricier.

And uses AA batteries? Seriously?

----------

You can´t get this quality cheaper!

Before people complained about the 100 bucks, now it´s 30% cheaper! And still complains. You need to understand that you cant get a quality MFI controller much cheaper than this! There is no reason to all this ********...
For people who enjoy mobile/iPad gaming, this is a need!!! :mad:

You can get much nicer controllers for $10 cheaper for both major consoles.

Dotten

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2014
I´m all over...
I love my friggin PS Vita. It has so many amazing Indie games (and some great AAA ones too), its not funny. Not to mention playing games remotely on my PS4.

I just bought the "MOGA REBEL Game Controller". It had some good reviews. I wonder how this controller stacks up?

Tbh, MOGA sucks.... :mad: There is a huge difference between MOGA and The Stratus. I love the bluetooth and the wireless gaming feeling you´ll get with Stratus.

Last edited:

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Tbh, MOGA sucks.... :mad: There is a huge difference between MOGA and The Stratus. I love the bluetooth and the wireless gaming feeling you´ll get with Stratus.

You don't even know what you're talking about. :rolleyes: The MOGA uses Bluetooth too and doesn't necessary have to be strapped onto the device since it has the stand that flips back into the middle.

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Just got this yesterday (meh.com had a great sale, $45 shipped) and spent some time playing Bioshock, a couple of GTA games, and Asphalt last night. Works great, even if it is small - definitely better for me than virtual controls.

As for the PS Vita comparison? Who really cares? I love my PS Vita and the perhaps 6-7 games it has that are worth buying ... my memory card is mostly full of PSP games. To say the game selection is anemic is an understatement. Awesome hardware, though.

So I am glad to have ALL - my PC, Mac, PS Vita, iPad, Android tablet and iPhone. Yummy ,yummy games.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Just got this yesterday (meh.com had a great sale, $45 shipped) and spent some time playing Bioshock, a couple of GTA games, and Asphalt last night. Works great, even if it is small - definitely better for me than virtual controls.

As for the PS Vita comparison? Who really cares? I love my PS Vita and the perhaps 6-7 games it has that are worth buying ... my memory card is mostly full of PSP games. To say the game selection is anemic is an understatement. Awesome hardware, though.

So I am glad to have ALL - my PC, Mac, PS Vita, iPad, Android tablet and iPhone. Yummy ,yummy games.

Aww man! Should have posted about the deal!

Yeah, not bad having multiple platforms.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.