Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

regular

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2014
Results on Canadian Carrier Rogers

I have a 6+ in Calgary, Alberta.

I found the patch to slow my download speeds by about 25% but boosted my upload speed by 50+%.

This would be useful if you upload a lot of photos or video from your phone.

baldbrah

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2014
I tried the new AT&T file on a 8.1.2 jailbreak but it doesn't seem to work. My service is stuck at 'searching'. Anyone else have this problem and is there a fix?

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
How do I go about updating? Just run the same procedure?

Yep

Just tried it on my end, to no avail. The AT&T beta 3 file is in the link on the main page.

Just checked and it's not showing the beta file for att, just the new finished one.

I tried the new AT&T file on a 8.1.2 jailbreak but it doesn't seem to work. My service is stuck at 'searching'. Anyone else have this problem and is there a fix?

I haven't had a chance to try the new one but can you go back to beta 3? You also might wanna try restarting the phone

TitsLegendary

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013

I'm in the same boat. I've got nothing but searching.
Does anyone still have the beta 3 file we could use instead?

Edit: I re "updated" the carrier file, rebooted, and then reinstalled Chinasnow and magically my service came back. Very weird.
anyway, I'm up and running which is good!

Edit 2: (iPhone 6 ATT 8.1.1) Apparently I somehow reverted back to 18.0 and that's why I got my service back. I tried updating to beta 3 ipcc and it gives me searching.
Then removed that to start fresh and installed the "official" one and it magically works even though the first time I tried to use it it wouldn't. I'm baffled but up and running. Verified that carrier is 20.5.0

Last edited:

baldbrah

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2014
I'm in the same boat. I've got nothing but searching.
Does anyone still have the beta 3 file we could use instead?

Edit: I re "updated" the carrier file, rebooted, and then reinstalled Chinasnow and magically my service came back. Very weird.
anyway, I'm up and running which is good!

Did you re update with the new file ?? Thanks!!

benz240

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2008
iPhone 6, Verizon

Installed the (beta) Verizon carrier hack patch, didn't really notice any appreciable speed or coverage benefits. But after a few days started to notice failure to activate cellular data network - messages were defaulting to text message, couldn't use LTE data, etc. until I would reboot the phone. So I uninstalled. I think they need to work on the Verizon patch a bit more before it's ready for prime time.

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
I guess it's like arguing with someone who says the bible is real and god exists. There's no amount of logic you can throw that'll disprove them if they believe.

I'm curious as to why you felt the need to throw a religious argument into a thread about a carrier hack? Did God kill your puppy?

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
thanks a bunch. i tried the beta 3 file as well and it still ends up as 'searching'. it works fine on my 8.1.1 iphone 6 but on the 8.1.2 iphone 6+, it's not working. i've reverted back to stock.

No prob, but the beta 3 is even doing it now after I just restored. I'm curious if it's allowing iTunes to apply the recent ATT carrier update that's the culprit. Anyone else?

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
I tried everyway I could think of but looks like since trying the latest ipcc even the last beta isn't working now.
Anyone else figured a way to fix this?

Alakiha

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2014
Is there anyway that we can have this hack for different countries also? :rolleyes:
Finland for example?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.