Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kiddk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
I installed this week that puts the volume bar at the top and realized that any time you are in any app and you switch the phone to vibrate the phone reSprings has anybody else experienced this? Taig jb on iphone 6 8.1.2

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Status HUD 2 has known issues.

Try statusVol or statusVol 2. It's one of my favorite tweaks and works great! Started using it on 7.x. Absolutely love it.

It's on the dev's repo:

Http://apt.steverolfe.com

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
I installed this week that puts the volume bar at the top and realized that any time you are in any app and you switch the phone to vibrate the phone reSprings has anybody else experienced this? Taig jb on iphone 6 8.1.2

I had the exact same issue on both my 5s and 6 plus. both on 8.1.

I did as BumpyFlatline suggests, and haven't looked back. Works great, super happy.

:)

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Interested in what statusvol2 does exactly can you give me a little detail?

StatusVol came out during iOS 7. It was a simple tweak that removed the volume HUD pop up and instead placed the cute in the status bar. It worked fine but was a little right around the edges in that it just appeared inside the status bar and sometimes the animations got a little messed up. Not often but every once in a blue moon. Super simple tweak and awesome.

StatusVol 2 is the original's evolution. It does the same thing as the original except instead of literally appearing inside the status bar (hiding all status bar items and then showing the volume level) a sleek notification banner comes down with the stock background color and shows you the volume. It's hard to explain because it's not the stock banner. It's the exact same size as the status bar. Plus this version has more options and is themeable I believe. You can change it to squares of you don't like the circles and you can invert the colors. You can also turn off the music icons too if you only want to see the volume level.

Here's a screenshot:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 290

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
I had to remove Statushud because if I tried to turn the volume up or down while on the phone or an app, it would crash and cause a respring

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
StatusVol came out during iOS 7. It was a simple tweak that removed the volume HUD pop up and instead placed the cute in the status bar. It worked fine but was a little right around the edges in that it just appeared inside the status bar and sometimes the animations got a little messed up. Not often but every once in a blue moon. Super simple tweak and awesome.

StatusVol 2 is the original's evolution. It does the same thing as the original except instead of literally appearing inside the status bar (hiding all status bar items and then showing the volume level) a sleek notification banner comes down with the stock background color and shows you the volume. It's hard to explain because it's not the stock banner. It's the exact same size as the status bar. Plus this version has more options and is themeable I believe. You can change it to squares of you don't like the circles and you can invert the colors. You can also turn off the music icons too if you only want to see the volume level.

Here's a screenshot:

what happens if you're device is in horizontal view? does it show up as if you're in portrait mode (on the left/right of the screen)?

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
what happens if you're device is in horizontal view? does it show up as if you're in portrait mode (on the left/right of the screen)?

No it shows up on the top always. I've never seen it appear on the side when in landscape mode. Hope that helps.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Tried statusvol2 last night with legacy options on. Works great.

Also awesome the dev uses a 6+ so perfect for compatibility with my 6+ :D

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
So why are there 3 versions of StatusVol (2 and X) 2 says in beta and X and the orginal says tested with 6+. Which one to choose for just a 6 and are they stable?

Dijkertje

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2012
Naaldwijk
So why are there 3 versions of StatusVol (2 and X) 2 says in beta and X and the orginal says tested with 6+. Which one to choose for just a 6 and are they stable?

StatusVol 2 is HUD like, so it's an overlay on top of the status bar.
StatusVol X is integrated in the statusbar, where the time is it displays the volume for a couple sec.

I like the 2 version more, because it displays when the mute switch is switched, which volume is changed (i.e. music or ringer).

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
StatusVol 2 is HUD like, so it's an overlay on top of the status bar.
StatusVol X is integrated in the statusbar, where the time is it displays the volume for a couple sec.

I like the 2 version more, because it displays when the mute switch is switched, which volume is changed (i.e. music or ringer).

Thank you!!

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I'm warming up to status vol x :D not perfect with mute switch not in status bar but otherwise clean and simple no config needed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.