Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadicon

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2012
follow the below steps and you are all set no worries:
1- shutdown your iphone with the hard reset "home button and power for 10 second"
2- connect the usb cable to the pc but not to the iphone"
3- open itunes
4- while the iphone is off, press the home button for 5-10 seconds then plus the other end of the white connection cable into the iphone
5- do not remove your finger from the home button
6- itunes will detect it and you can now restore it
7- finally you need to jailbreak it again..follow the web instructions

good luck

thank you, god damn, thank you!

strikingviking

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2009
I finally got it to restore but now since I already cut down my Mexican SIM card to fit my 4G I have no SIM to activate. All my iphone says it is capable of emergency calls only and iTunes says to insert a SIM card to go further. Any suggestions?
Thanks again

Shawana

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2012
i phone 3 g froze

hi.. i was listening songs on my i phone 3g and suddenly it froze and wont work.. i have tried pressing the home button and sleep/wake button but it wont work. a blank black screen is visible.. what should i do.. please help..

MrTomsTales

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2013
So I know it's kinda late, but....
I'm selling my old jailbroken iPhone 3GS, so I decided to erase all the data. It went to the apple loading screen and stayed like that for hours. It ran out of charge when I had to use the plug for something else. Now, whenever I try to do anything with it, it swaps between the loading and charging screen, and I can't really do anything with it. Any help?

Yousafkhan11

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2014
Iphone 2g stuck after factory Reset.

hey! guys i have the same problem in iphone 2g ios 3.1.3 my friend gifted this to me as a legacy device. so i go to settings and open reset and there was an options to ERASE IPHONE and i tap on it. During this was erasing data the line was about half and he said to me to stop because he have some photos to be carried out from iphone. it resting but to stop resting i used hard reset button power+home and it shutdown. And when it was booting up about it took 20 sec and then automatically shutdown again again and again but nothings happens. Then using help of the internet i read this https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/562130/ page but then my computer and my laptop is not recognize by itunes and in device manager it is also not seeing to me. Please Help. Thanks.

Yousafkhan11

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2014
1- shutdown your iphone with the hard
reset "home button and power for 10
second"
2- connect the usb cable to the pc but NOT to the iphone"
3- open itunes
4- while the iphone is off, press the home
button for 5-10 seconds then plus the
other end of the white connection cable
into the iphone 5- do not remove your finger from the
home button
6- itunes will detect it and you can now
restore it
7- finally you need to jailbreak it
again..follow the web instructions

hey! guys i have the same problem in iphone 2g ios 3.1.3 my friend gifted this to me as a legacy device. so i go to settings and open reset and there was an options to ERASE IPHONE and i tap on it. During this was erasing data the line was about half and he said to me to stop because he have some photos to be carried out from iphone. it resting but to stop resting i used hard reset button power+home and it shutdown. And when it was booting up about it took 20 sec and then automatically shutdown again again and again but nothings happens. Then using help of the internet i read this page but then my computer and my laptop is not recognize by itunes and in device manager it is also not seeing to me. Please Help. Thanks.

kulpr333t

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2015
how to fix it after the erase data and settings is frozen

Follow the below steps and you are all set no worries:
1- shutdown your iphone with the hard reset "home button and power for 10 second"
2- connect the usb cable to the pc but NOT to the iphone"
3- open itunes
4- while the iphone is off, press the home button for 5-10 seconds then plus the other end of the white connection cable into the iphone
5- do not remove your finger from the home button
6- itunes will detect it and you can now restore it
7- finally you need to jailbreak it again..follow the web instructions

Good luck

But my iDevice (iPod) is broken home button is not working.
Can you please tell me any other way

gezzle

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2015
Hi, My iphone 3g got stuck on apple logo after my girlfriend hit the rest button. I followed your suggestion but it won't work. iTunes won't detect anything as I plug it on my netbook. Please, I hope you can help me with this.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Sounds like an Apple Store visit is in order if trying a different USB port makes no difference.

aedil

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2016
I have an iphone 3 but the power button does not work. I pressed on the erase all data and settings, then it showed the apple sign with the loading bar, now its stuck on the spinning circle

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.