Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JeffyTheQuik

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2014
Charleston, SC and Everett, WA
I'm seriously sick of hearing about this movie. I'm not here for Hollywood gossip. I've been on Macrumors since 2004 and have had it as my homepage for most of that decade. I'm taking it off. Arn, you're going to lose your most dedicated followers over this kind of crap.

Wow... It took a NSFW article over at the cult site to get me off (pun intended) their site. Things that don't interest me, I just bypass, but I understand how you feel. We each have our own thermostats.

EightBitJoe

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2014
It's been established that one of the key supporting personalities in this film will be Joanna Hoffman. That's probably who Kate will be playing.

It was my understanding that the second scene would cover the introduction of the iMac, not the original Macintosh.

jkoerber

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2008
Duh?

After some difficulties in casting, it seems the Jobs biopic is finally taking shape. Both Leonario DiCaprio and Christian Bale passed on the role of Steve Jobs, leading it to be taken by Michael Fassbender, and the role of Steve Wozniak will be played by Seth Rogen.
Okay, do I have to point it out... Its "Leonardo" not Leonario... I think Leonario was a lesser known plumber in a popular video game.

Ha ha ha. Great late night laugh for me though.

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
Gosh, the constant stream of articles about a movie that it is very likely never going to see the light of day.

I am trying to compare any Steve Jobs biopic with the social network:
1. There are drugs (LSD). Social network I think has some cocaine and wild partying.
2. There is betrayal (Bill Fernandez, Steve Wozniak, Steve Jobs being ousted from Apple, his out of marriage daughter). In the social network you have the twin brothers and Severin)
3. There is hubris and fall (aforementioned ousting of Steve Jobs). The social network doesn't have this element.

Anyway, all in all, I can see the elements of a good plot and drama for a Steve Jobs biopic, probably not as exciting and fast paced as the social network. Hard to see how it would interest to an audience outside of Apple fans.

I'm still convinced do the Apple story as a stoner comedy with half the movie being about people in and out of a stoner circle. It would be awesome.

rols

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2008
Do we really need a front page story for every rumor surrounding this movie?

No - and the story about ABC's AppleTV app now showing programs a week after they air to anyone with an iCloud account (no need to show you have a cable provider) was on page 2, and that's actually relevant, and interesting and vaguely to do with Apple.

I really don't know why MacRumours has such a thing about this blasted movie. Just make it - release it on video the same day as the Samsung Galaxy 99999S comes out and that will be a day with two things I don't have to care about.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
They keep choosing the wrong people

I believe Natalie Portman is probably the smartest choice so far Lisa.

The others though, meh:

Naomi Watts - Lauren Powell
Julia Roberts - Katie Cotton

munakib

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2011
No body wants to be on ******* a$$ movie. Jobs was fantastic and all, so just leave it and move on.

EightBitJoe

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2014
gLFImKx.jpg

"Iconify me like one of your French girls, Susan."

Happy Snappy

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2014
Awesome news! But I will not rest until I know who might star as Guy in car, Coder 1, 2, 3 and 4, as well as Female Receptionist.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how this film turns out. I don't understand the people complaining about MacRumors featuring stories on it, it's clearly very relevant news, and if you're not interested in the film it's very obvious that's what the stories are about from the headlines, so just ignore them maybe? I probably don't read half the stories here, because I understand I won't be interested in all of them, yet I don't feel this odd urge to type posts to say only that. :confused: *shrug*

Note I'm not saying people shouldn't post a negative opinion of their feelings towards this subject if that's how they feel, I just don't see the point of going to the effort of saying you're not interested / bored with it. Do you do that on every story you find dull on site you ever visit?! I wouldn't be able to find the time!

More directly on-topic, Winslet is a great actress and I think would do well in this film.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Fear not people, the amount of money generated from these stories due to ads, will build a new MR data centre . Maybe they can sneak in a cinema, and sell tickets to the opening of this movie ......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.