Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
I have a iPad Air 2 with 128gb of storage, however after downloading some apps and TV shows to my iPad this has obviously decreased, however the last time i looked at my iPad storage i had 7GB left, after turning it off last night and back on again this morning it has decreased further so that i know have only 2.0GB left. Does anyone else have this problem or know why my iPad is losing storage for no reason, i haven't downloaded anything else. :confused:

Under the about section it says i have 106 videos, this cannot be right considering i only have 40 videos on my iPad, most of which were downloaded from Apples iTunes :confused:

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
the number of videos in about includes videos you shot with the camera and maybe messages too

i have 18 videos synced

my about says 159

my camera roll says 97

check usage
manage storage

to see a more accurate use of where your space is going

connecting the cable to itunes will give you a readout to see if you have a lot of storage in "other"

trolling section

since you buy a lot of content you should transfer them to itunes

connect ipad to itunes
let it sync and backup
click on file
click on device
click on transfer purchases from iPad

this will make sure you put all the stuff you bought in your iTunes library. so in case you have to restore
from a backup, you wont have to redownload all your purchased videos

Last edited:

Dave245

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
the number of videos in about includes videos you shot with the camera and maybe messages too

i have 18 videos synced

my about says 159

my camera roll says 97

check usage
manage storage

to see a more accurate use of where your space is going

connecting the cable to itunes will give you a readout to see if you have a lot of storage in "other"

trolling section

since you buy a lot of content you should transfer them to itunes

connect ipad to itunes
let it sync and backup
click on file
click on device
click on transfer purchases from iPad

this will make sure you put all the stuff you bought in your iTunes library. so in case you have to restore
from a backup, you wont have to redownload all your purchased videos

Yea i did try all of these solutions, when i plugged my iPad into my Mac and synced with iTunes it said i had 78GB free, yet on my iPad it said 2GB, so in the end i wiped everything off and reset my iPad and then restored from back up, it seems to have worked as i know have 78GB free.

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
Even after you delete photos and videos from your camera roll they stay on the iPad under recently deleted for up to 40 days taking up space. To free up the space you have to do a second delete of the recently deleted files.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Even after you delete photos and videos from your camera roll they stay on the iPad under recently deleted for up to 40 days taking up space. To free up the space you have to do a second delete of the recently deleted files.

I think that is only if you are using icloud drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.