Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brettryan

macrumors member
May 6, 2009
Assuming you are a gentleman, do you buy Y fronts, which have more utility than most other types of underwear?

Sure, always get the ones with the pocket in the front for storing a few dingers on a night out ;)

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
After Christmas sales will go into a tailspin. It's all Android from January to early September. The only thing I see worth any news will be the Apple watch. Not that it's good but just because of the Apple logo.

Now back to my Note 4 and Gear VR. :p

You're brave to write that here :D

----------

I still think Apple kind of purposely did this to gain hype. I mean Apple can buy companies to make iPhones or even construct its own factory with that kind of money it receives everyday.

I was gonna buy an iPhone this year but I realized the iPhone 6 was actually dumbed down to make room for the iPhone 6S. It's not worth to give Apple my money now.

For sure the iPhone 6 will struggle in the future in terms of memory. iOS 9, iOS X or whatever will consume even more RAM with all these effects they put in. Apple A9 chip will be better optimized for bigger screens, better battery life, and of course the Camera. I mean if the iMac supports a 5K resolution, you know the iPhone will eventually support 4K photos or videos, hence an increase in storage.

Well played Apple, well played lol.

If you're waiting for a 4K iPhone you might as well get the 6 because your contract will expire by the time the iPhone 7 is released. ;)

Robert.Walter

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2012
It is easly possible for "demand to outstrip supply."

This is the other side of the same coin as supply can't keep up with demand.

Both accurately describe the exact same situation. Neither is a lie but both place emphasis on a different parts of the issue. First one leads one to think demand is the culprit the second paints supply as the culprit. First one leads the reader to conclude some thing positive about popularity while avoiding questions about why supply was ever allowed to be so constrained.

So a quote in and of itself, when stripped of context, is easy to misinterpret or to be designed to lead the reader to a certain conclusion.

What is, in this case, better to understand is what are the constraining factors, and whether these exist due to conscious decisions or unplanned events.

Now I return to an item I only saw briefly reported on, namely the reported storage memory problem issue with apple's Triple Level Cell design. This was said to be new to them, only used on my the 64 and 128 GB phones, and defective to such a degree that it was going to be changed in production.

Soon after this report emerged, supplies of 64 and 128 GB units all but dried up in N. America and W. Europe. (This coincided with the launch of the product into other regional markets like China, itself somewhat delayed this year due to late approvals from the government there.)

In Western Europe, supply is so constrained that about the only channel with immediate delivery is the Apple Store (physical) itself and then supply is at a trickle. Almost all other channels have weeks-long waits if it is not a 16 GB model being purchased.

So what I would reall like to see is whether Apple has solved the rumored TLC issue and if so why supplies are still so constrained.

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
3 months since release and the back still looks like a half-finished prototype to me

That's because that's the design they settled for for now.
Wait 9 months and the real iPhone 6/6+ come out.
With 2GB of RAM, maybe no protruding lens, better hardware overall, maybe more MP (no, MP aren't inherently bad, they can serve very sensible needs, you can't "foot zoom" everything), H.265 system-wide (oh Apple... Less bitrate doesn't just mean better streaming, it also means less disk space needed, something my iTunes library needs more of and certainly my highly limited iOS devices), ...

I myself decided to wait for the next model, this year's offering didn't convince me as a whole.
Good for everyone who's satisfied, all power to you. :)

Glassed Silver:mac

iThingsGurl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2014
Canada
Shipping date for iPhone 6 in Canada improves. 16 GB & 64 GB models are now available to ship in 1 business day.

Screen Shot 2014-12-29 at 6.10.22 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.