Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleDroid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
Ran into my first head scratcher (get it?) trying to use my new RAID5 OWC Thunderbay as a scratch disk for Photoshop because PS doesn't see it as a choice.

So I hooked up a USB3 RAID0 drive set and same thing nothing shows up as a choice for PS scratch. So I connected an ancient USB2 drive and it showed up instantly. Naturally this won't work because I'm trying to access the 500MBs speeds of my Thunderbay!

So question is have you run into this? Is it just OWC RAID drives or an issue using any USB3/Thunderbolt devices?

AppleDroid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
How much RAM have you got? (My next question might be obvious now)

Well I feel silly now because someone else asked the same thing and when I said 32GB I was informed I will never have to worry about it. I've been using Ps for so long I always figured out my scratch after a new install but that was when 1gb of ram was high end.

JulianBoolean

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2010
This thread is old news, but I just had a similar issue, where the fix was to choose "ignore ownership" on the drive/s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.