Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
Right now I have a Poetic something or other that has a built in screen protector and while it is pretty decent especially for the price, I want something more rugged like an Otterbox or survivor. I would go with the survivor but it looks horrendous. Do you people know of any other rugged cases for the iPad air 2?

BeatCrazy

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2011
How rugged? Lifeproof Nuud is the best rugged case in my experience, but there is no version available yet for the Air 2.

This case seems pretty heavy duty. I've got one arriving tomorrow and I hope it will be satisfactory, or tide me over until Lifeproof has some options for the Air 2.

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
Gumdrop is what I am using.

They are running a sale right now as well.

Yeah I already looked at those and if you read the reviews it says the case stops the ambient sensors from working which turns off auto brightness. I'm assuming that's why they are on sale.

BeatCrazy

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2011

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
Thanks everyone. I think I got my case. Got one the poetic ones off amazon, cut out the screen protector and installed zagg glass. Works awesome!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.