Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshkhaos1

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 24, 2014
Am I missing something? I can't find anything on Amazon or anywhere for that matter online for an iPad Air 2 case. Everything just says in stock on xx date (november sometime). Anyone have a link to a good case for Air 2 that I can buy and have shipped today (or soon?)

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
The Apple smart case is fantastic as long as your willing to spend $80. I love it myself and the only one I would consider

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I'm in the same boat. Got my Air 2 today but can't find a case. Using a sleeve for now. Ordered the Apple case but delivery not until the 27th.

liquorice

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2012
Surrey
Picked up this case today from john lewis delivered to local waitrose.
Just have to wait for the ipad to be delivered now :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 471

ntnwwnet

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2006
Here's some cases that are already available to order for the iPad Air 2. Most of them are just iPad Air 2 versions of iPad Air cases.

----------------------------------------

H38vKfw.jpg

Belkin Slim Style Keyboard Case for iPad Air 2 ($100)

Outback-Slip-Case-iPad_grande.jpg

Outback Slip Case for iPad Air 2 ($60)

ipad-air2-smart-case-01.png
ipad-air2-smart-cover-01.png

Apple iPad Air 2 polyurethane Smart Cover ($40) and leather Smart Case ($80)

snugg-air-2-blk-1.jpg

Snugg Black Leather iPad Air 2 case w/ hand strap & stylus loop ($29)

poetic-cover-01.jpg

Poetic Leather Trifold Cover Case for iPad Air 2 ($10)

kayscase-clear-ipad-air-2.png
kayscase-ipad-air-2-01.png

KaysCase Clear Cover ($13) & Premium Flipstand Cover Case ($16)

VWgxqYi.jpg

Poetic GraphGrip ($15)

T7OlbGw.jpg

Poetic SlimBook (with "vegan leather") ($15)

372.jpg
372.jpg
372.jpg

Belkin Cases for iPad Air 2

gb40185-turnfolio-ipadair2-blk-render.jpg
gb40336-survivor-ipadair2-blkblk-back-render.jpg
gb38369_keyboardfolio_ipadair_2.jpg

Griffin Cases for iPad Air 2

StorefrontBanner_AppleLaunch_IPad_Air_2_subcat.jpg

New Incipio cases (preorder)

zltb0VR.jpg

SUPCASE Slim Hard Shell Leather Case Cover ($10) (In stock on November 19, 2014)

lsquare

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
Are there any cases similar to the Incipio Feather, but with a sandstone finish?

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I ordered this Luvvitt Clarity shell case today. I didn't realize it's got mic cutouts which the new Air doesn't even have, hope it wasn't made blindly ahead of the launch. If it fits good I don't mind the cutouts so we'll see.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ONDNHJQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?qid=1414387244&sr=8-13&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
This is the one I plan to get as soon as it's released later this month.
http://clamcase.com/ipad-air-2-keyboard-case.html

This is the one I got on the cheap until I can get the other one.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P5ZRWT2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did research on the clamcase and saw a lot of people complaining that the hinge is a weak spot. It cracks and then breaks. I don't know if this has been rectified from the Air case to the Air 2 case, but I'm sure people will write reviews soon to let everyone know.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I did research on the clamcase and saw a lot of people complaining that the hinge is a weak spot. It cracks and then breaks. I don't know if this has been rectified from the Air case to the Air 2 case, but I'm sure people will write reviews soon to let everyone know.

Thanks, I read about the cracks too, and it does concern me somewhat. I also read far more positive reviews too. None of them are perfect and some will have defects but I'm going to give them a shot. If it doesn't work out, I'll just get something else.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Thanks, I read about the cracks too, and it does concern me somewhat. I also read far more positive reviews too. None of them are perfect and some will have defects but I'm going to give them a shot. If it doesn't work out, I'll just get something else.

Well, I just got the one I ordered from Amazon in the mail today. Only cost me $60 and is an all aluminum design, but with a more traditional hinge. I like that the keyboard is backlit (backlight auto shuts off after a few seconds) and that I can change the colors as I want. Fit is perfect with the iPad Air 2 and like that the whole thing acts like a smart coer, so when I close it, both the keyboard and the ipad go to sleep mode. Just like any MacBook, you can tilt to any angle and it stays there. Very pleased with it for $60. Only thing I don't like is the crappy cutout on the back so you can see the Apple logo. Kind of cheesy.

Link if you are interested: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PQBDQPO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 318

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
That one wasn't available when I was looking. Nice find, I may go for this one instead. I like the ALL aluminum aspect. How does the typing feel compared to a standard keyboard? The reviews of how well the ClamCase keyboard performed was a big push for me,

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
That one wasn't available when I was looking. Nice find, I may go for this one instead. I like the ALL aluminum aspect. How does the typing feel compared to a standard keyboard? The reviews of how well the ClamCase keyboard performed was a big push for me,

It does not compare to the wireless iMac keyboard or the MacBook keyboard, because it is smaller and in a 9.7" frame. Keys are obviously closer together. Other than that, the feel when tapping the keys is similar, key travel is similar, there is no clickity clack noise like you find on cheap keyboard, the backlight on the keys is acceptable with 3 brightness settings (a feature I like, especially in dark rooms at night!), and I do like the fact that it has the iPad specific keys, instead of F1-F12 keys at the top of the keyboard.

I have only been using this for a day, but I really enjoy it. And I def like that it is aluminum. Matches the iPad nicely. I hae found one small mistake around the camera on the back (looks like it is a tad cockeyed), but it does not block the camera in any way. For $60, I can overlook it though.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
It does not compare to the wireless iMac keyboard or the MacBook keyboard, because it is smaller and in a 9.7" frame. Keys are obviously closer together. Other than that, the feel when tapping the keys is similar, key travel is similar, there is no clickity clack noise like you find on cheap keyboard, the backlight on the keys is acceptable with 3 brightness settings (a feature I like, especially in dark rooms at night!), and I do like the fact that it has the iPad specific keys, instead of F1-F12 keys at the top of the keyboard.

I have only been using this for a day, but I really enjoy it. And I def like that it is aluminum. Matches the iPad nicely. I hae found one small mistake around the camera on the back (looks like it is a tad cockeyed), but it does not block the camera in any way. For $60, I can overlook it though.

Okay, great. Thanks for the info. I may get both and keep the one I like best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.