Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I can't really take any pictures unfortunately

The edge isn't sharp at all, nice and rounded. There's a tiny tiny gap but it's not as bad as others I've seen. Plus there's zero halo effect around it, and all the cutouts are perfect. Only way I can even tell it's on is because of the slightly deeper Touch ID

I can see lint all around the edges in the photos on their site. I'm starting to think all these edge-to-edge protectors are exactly the same, just rebranded.

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
I can see lint all around the edges in the photos on their site. I'm starting to think all these edge-to-edge protectors are exactly the same, just rebranded.

I'd rather spend money on one that does its job, and enjoy it. Than be constantly switching out protectors in a bid to find the "perfect" one. This one works fine with my spigen tough armor.

Some people are just never satisfied

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
That's where I am at at this point. Back to my non edge to edge Zagg. Works with my car dock, works with my cases, looks good and I'll take that over the unlikely situation that the screen edge will get damaged.

I'd rather spend money on one that does its job, and enjoy it. Than be constantly switching out protectors in a bid to find the "perfect" one. This one works fine with my spigen tough armor.

Some people are just never satisfied

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
That's where I am at at this point. Back to my non edge to edge Zagg. Works with my car dock, works with my cases, looks good and I'll take that over the unlikely situation that the screen edge will get damaged.

That's the only thing i don't really like about the Inskin i'm using, it negates using 2 of my cases. Other than that it's fantastic, i forgot how much i love glass screen protectors

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
iPhone 6 Edge-to-edge Glass Screen Protector — The holy grail?

I just installed the nillkin glass screen protector and it works great, the only downsides as many of you have mentioned is there is a huge gap between the phone's glass and the screen protector in which I could imagine would be a huge dust magnet as many of you have mentioned. The only way to cut the dust out is to use a case in which I'm using the rock TPU case which seems to meet the glass right at the edge making it completely flush. I will take photos and post if requested.

Overall, not to sure, at $14 I might just return it and stick with my tech armor until a quality full glass comes out that is not a dust magnet!

DaBossIsHere

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
I just installed the nillkin glass screen protector and it works great, the only downsides as many of you have mentioned is there is a huge gap between the phone's glass and the screen protector in which I could imagine would be a huge dust magnet as many of you have mentioned. The only way to cut the dust out is to use a case in which I'm using the rock TPU case which seems to meet the glass right at the edge making it completely flush. I will take photos and post if requested.

Overall, not to sure, at $14 I might just return it and stick with my tech armor until a quality full glass comes out that is not a dust magnet!

Post some pictures please :rolleyes:

TonyGstring

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2014
'Murica
sometimes i think we'd be better off creating our own accessory company:

for the people by the people, like FUBU w/o the whole race thing

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
I think you'd find that you'd be dealing with the exact same problem as these other companies are, and having just as hard of a time trying to solve it. There is a reason the major SP makers went with the non edge to edge: case compatibility is difficult and they need to sell a product that doesn't have such issues.

sometimes i think we'd be better off creating our own accessory company:

for the people by the people, like FUBU w/o the whole race thing

CKohkah

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2008
So I put on an otter box alpha glass protector for my iPhone 6 today and I'm just not sure of it. It's nice and works, but I'm not sure about the edges:

Is that normal? It's almost like there's no stickiness on the edges. Should I return it? Is it supposed to be like this?

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
So I put on an otter box alpha glass protector for my iPhone 6 today and I'm just not sure of it. It's nice and works, but I'm not sure about the edges:

[url=http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/661/3sRsgI.jpg]Image[/URL]

Is that normal? It's almost like there's no stickiness on the edges. Should I return it? Is it supposed to be like this?

This is an issue with shields that go further than the screen, there's nothing for the protector itself to adhere too, thus creating that halo effect.

That's why some of the companies use a colored border

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I know that Apple doesn't recommend screen protectors. But I wonder if they did this new design on purpose so not to allow for a really well designed protector. Would have been fine if their screens were more scratch resistant. I have no problem with getting a perfectly installed screen protector and in the past with the iPhone 5, you couldn't even tell there was one on it. Same with my iPad - totally invisible.

Now let me clarify, I'm super careful with my electronics and always get top dollar trade in value. I always start out with no protectors on my devices -usually when I get the new device the new design protectors aren't available yet. Each time I plan on running with a bare screen but within a couple of weeks I see miniscule scratches. Really bugs me so on goes a protector. I've especially tried to go without a protector with my Plus due to the awful protectors out there. You either have the short protectors that just barely cover the screen part - unfortunately they all look like crap. Then the other option is the full coverage which doesn't play nice with cases and/or even worse - the edges don't stick properly.

So after all this - I so wanted to run without a protector. But alas I would see the tiny scratches. I believe mine come from using the phones as a phone with earrings on. The earrings touch the screen and cause the scratches. I'm not going to take off my earring when answering a call. Nor am I going to quickly hook up or walk around with a headset. So my options are protector or scratches. I'm currently using the MIME ultra thin glass protector. It's one of the short ones without edge to edge protection. For me, I like the thinness and I feel the cutouts are the most esthetically pleasing look for these types of protectors.

Holy Grail? I wish but don't think there is one.

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
I now understand what people are saying about edge to edge, man the dust and lint collects fast. I LOVE this screen shield, but it's only been on for 3 days and the amount of lint is crazy, my case comes right up the edge of the shield but still, dust.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I now understand what people are saying about edge to edge, man the dust and lint collects fast. I LOVE this screen shield, but it's only been on for 3 days and the amount of lint is crazy, my case comes right up the edge of the shield but still, dust.

Exactly what I was trying to tell you...

ontoast8

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2014
AEGIS Full cover 3D curved tempered Ultra thin glass screen protector

Check out the AEGIS full cover 3D curved tempered ultra thin glass screen protector. This is the best true edge to edge screen protector that i have seen.

Comes with a unique applicator tray make it easy to install and in perfection.

Looks like comes with black and white, once you apply on your phone its like invisible.

Iphone 6PLUS
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221638001044?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Iphone 6
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221638007620?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Bamff

macrumors regular
May 6, 2013
Just from the on site visual, it looks similar, if not the same as the ESR tempered glass screen protector. I purchased this product, and the "Curved edge" is only of the protector itself, meaning the protector does not have sharp edges. It has an adhesive at the edge of it, and does not "curve" to form fit the phone. Dust does accumulate at the overhang where the protector does not meet the phone.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Check out the AEGIS full cover 3D curved tempered ultra thin glass screen protector. This is the best true edge to edge screen protector that i have seen.

Looks like comes with black and white, once you apply on your phone its like invisible.

Iphone 6PLUS
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221638001044?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Iphone 6
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221638007620?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Does this truly curve at the edge so that lint accumulation is not an issue?

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Check out my post #280 in this thread, it's exactly the same protector.
So after owning it for a bit, can you confirm that silicone layer does not attract/collect dust over time?
2vud5zs.jpg

Last edited:

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012

Iphone 6PLUS

Iphone 6

Do you know if it works with the Apple leather cases though?

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
iPhone 6 Edge-to-edge Glass Screen Protector — The holy grail?

Still no quality glass screen protector that does not have a gap between screen protector and glass?? This is ridiculous. In a way what a terrible design from apple for us that care about protecting our phones with a glass screen protector. I guess Apple really mean their devices are not made to be used with screen protectors...

Holy grail is right!

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
So after owning it for a bit, can you confirm that silicone layer does not attract/collect dust over time?

I have to be honest, I stopped using it!

I just don't like the extra raised white bezels you get with these protectors. Makes the screen seem 'less fused' and further away to the touch, so to speak.

Gone back to my 2 quid protector from eBay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.