Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Covering up any iPhone is a borderline sin. Cases do detract. Though I prefer a pristine device that I visit once and awhile, than a something with dings and blemishes all the time.

Same for the Note 4, which I must add, is a wonderfully premium feeling device, and a touch above anything Samsung has done prior. I enjoyed it naked for 6 days while my Ringke cases were being delivered. Not quite as nice as the 6+, but it does feel bring Samsung's status app in the area of design and premium feel.
I hate putting cases on my phones. My 6+ has the ZAAG glass on front and back.

Alphazoid

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2014
OP might want to check out this review.

Its pretty in depth but that because its quite thorough and timecoded.

Interestingly, she doesn't 'worship' the display like everyone else, confirms touchwiz stuttering, and wasn't impressed by the speaker either. But overall a solid flagship.

Last edited:

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
I hate putting cases on my phones. My 6+ has the ZAAG glass on front and back.

I prefer my phones to go naked as well but am also a sucker for leather and think the Apple leather case doesn't detract from the overall design.

I heard someone refer to the space gray iPhone 6/6+ in a black leather Apple case as the 'Vader' phone, so I adjusted my wallpaper accordingly. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1666.JPG
    IMG_1666.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 109

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I prefer my phones to go naked as well but am also a sucker for leather and think the Apple leather case doesn't detract from the overall design.

I heard someone refer to the space gray iPhone 6/6+ in a black leather Apple case as the 'Vader' phone, so I adjusted my wallpaper accordingly. ;)

Very nice!

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009

The Apple leather case is well done, probably one of the nicest phone cases I've ever owned.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
It's a really hard decision between the two phones..I know I was stewing for awhile. I started with the iPhone 6+, bought a note 4 but took it back because of the battery life. After hearing my friend rave on about how much she loved her note 4 I decided to take a chance again and I LOVE it. I think its more to do with the ios..I just love the customisability of android. I'm probably going to keep running 2 phones but note 4 as my main.

Patrick B

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2008
One thing I've just noticed between my iPhone 6+ and my Note 4, which makes sense now that I think about it, is the amount of usable screen real-estate.

When browsing any website, the 1920 x 1080 display on the iPhone 6+ does actually display more information than the 2560 x 1440 display of the Note 4.

Which basically means the Note 4 is simply pixel doubling a 1280 x 720 display when rendering images. So images and text are super sharp, but you actually get less usable screen real-estate than the iPhone 6+.

I'm not sure why this suddenly matters to me, but it's definitely a new factor in me leaning back towards my iPhone 6+.

Other than that, I think I still prefer my Note 4....but the iPhone 6+ has earned some points back for itself.

Patrick

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
One thing I've just noticed between my iPhone 6+ and my Note 4, which makes sense now that I think about it, is the amount of usable screen real-estate.

When browsing any website, the 1920 x 1080 display on the iPhone 6+ does actually display more information than the 2560 x 1440 display of the Note 4.

Which basically means the Note 4 is simply pixel doubling a 1280 x 720 display when rendering images. So images and text are super sharp, but you actually get less usable screen real-estate than the iPhone 6+.

I'm not sure why this suddenly matters to me, but it's definitely a new factor in me leaning back towards my iPhone 6+.

Other than that, I think I still prefer my Note 4....but the iPhone 6+ has earned some points back for itself.

Patrick

I see the opposite. A good example is a navigation program. The note 4 displays much more map information.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
The decision is pretty simple. If you're a tech ninja like me Gear VR is unlike anything you have ever experienced. Worth the price of admission. Product is still pretty much first gen and not ready for full commercial roll out but I'm impressed about the possibilities. Slapping the Note into Gear VR transforms it into a different product altogether.
You will be fine with the iPhone 6+ today but when Samsung releases a Note 5 with a consumer grade Gear VR there will be no doubt. Apple will just release their traditional S models with the same screens. Apple will do nothing to change the boring yet reliable experience.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
The decision is pretty simple. If you're a tech ninja like me Gear VR is unlike anything you have ever experienced. Worth the price of admission. Product is still pretty much first gen and not ready for full commercial roll out but I'm impressed about the possibilities. Slapping the Note into Gear VR transforms it into a different product altogether.
You will be fine with the iPhone 6+ today but when Samsung releases a Note 5 with a consumer grade Gear VR there will be no doubt. Apple will just release their traditional S models with the same screens. Apple will do nothing to change the boring yet reliable experience.

There are a lot of people who are tech junkies; including me. But it's not all about phone tech and wearables. I could care less about an immersive experience...I want a boring old reliable phone, like the iphone....one that just works.

Thekarens

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2014
I've always been an Android girl and was in the same position as you and choose the iPhone 6 plus and don't regret it. However I did discover the gmail app and the iPhone calendar suck compared to the gmail and gmail calendar on Android. It's not a big deal to me, but if it is to you stick with the Note.

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012
There are a lot of people who are tech junkies; including me. But it's not all about phone tech and wearables. I could care less about an immersive experience...I want a boring old reliable phone, like the iphone....one that just works.

In that case any android phone would just be as reliable as iphone. When you said "it just works" I'll just point you to the crippled email in iphone.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
In that case any android phone would just be as reliable as iphone. When you said "it just works" I'll just point you to the crippled email in iphone.

I like the apple ecosystem, support and the product. I'm enjoying my iphone 6 and like my iPhone 5s supports my business admirably. As I sift through a plethora of emails daily, I don't find the email client crippled in any way. Runs fast and is efficient to use. As I said, it just works.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
I like the apple ecosystem, support and the product. I'm enjoying my iphone 6 and like my iPhone 5s supports my business admirably. As I sift through a plethora of emails daily, I don't find the email client crippled in any way. Runs fast and is efficient to use. As I said, it just works.

What does that mean though "it just works"? Have you found that email on Android devices "doesn't work"? Have you found that email cannot be checked, cannot be replied to, cannot be flagged, or anything else? Just curious.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
What does that mean though "it just works"? Have you found that email on Android devices "doesn't work"? Have you found that email cannot be checked, cannot be replied to, cannot be flagged, or anything else? Just curious.

Didn't say or even imply that. If you followed the context of the threads you'll see why I responded the way I did.

ecrispy

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2013
"it just works" was a marketing slogan and never reality. All the mobile ecosystems are sufficiently complex today. You can hand an iPhone or Note 4 or WP to a non-tech person and the steps they need to configure the basic functions are exactly the same - e.g. add Google/Apple/Exchange account, add online accounts etc. Basic things like phone calls is easy to use these days, and if you need to do anything more you'll need to learn the settings screens etc.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Didn't say or even imply that. If you followed the context of the threads you'll see why I responded the way I did.

I've been following the thread and am still unclear on what "it just works" means. I honestly mean it out of curiosity, if you prefer something because it works it would stand to reason there is something in the other side that doesn't work to your satisfaction.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I've been following the thread and am still unclear on what "it just works" means. I honestly mean it out of curiosity, if you prefer something because it works it would stand to reason there is something in the other side that doesn't work to your satisfaction.

I'm not really interested in android or wp or bb at this point. The initial reason I said "it just works" was a counter to "ios email is crippled". To me iOS email works perfectly.

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012
I'm not really interested in android or wp or bb at this point. The initial reason I said "it just works" was a counter to "ios email is crippled". To me iOS email works perfectly.
A email that can attach and detach any type of files is considered the basic acceptable capability. Ios email is considered to "it just NOT works" since it can't even support the most basic.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I've never been unable to attach things in email on iOS. Pictures, videos, word or excel documents etc. I can't think of anything else I need to send on the move. Sounds like clutching at straws to me.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I've never been unable to attach things in email on iOS. Pictures, videos, word or excel documents etc. I can't think of anything else I need to send on the move. Sounds like clutching at straws to me.

There are work arounds and once you get used to them it's just as quick as on android.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
A email that can attach and detach any type of files is considered the basic acceptable capability. Ios email is considered to "it just NOT works" since it can't even support the most basic.

Utter nonsense. Can you tell me what I've been unable to do with my IOS email? What requirement I have that somehow IOS can't meet?

I don't think you can. Therefore my original "just works" comment stands.

----------

I believe it's called strawman argument. Making some type of mythical, make believe General statement. Like "WOW YOURE EMAIL CLIENT CANT SEND 'FGH' FILES. IT STINKS".

Doesn't matter two people in the universe have a need to send "FGH" type files.

A proper weighting of zero has to be assigned to strawman arguements.

Last edited:

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Utter nonsense. Can you tell me what I've been unable to do with my IOS email? What requirement I have that somehow IOS can't meet?

I don't think you can. Therefore my original "just works" comment stands.

----------

I believe it's called strawman argument. Making some type of mythical, make believe General statement. Like "WOW YOURE EMAIL CLIENT CANT SEND 'FGH' FILES. IT STINKS".

Doesn't matter two people in the universe have a need to send "FGH" type files.

A proper weighting of zero has to be assigned to strawman arguements.
Can you send a music through email?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.