Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I had the plus for 2 days but hated the size. I got the 6 and I'm happy now. My daughter in law got the plus at the same time and she is over the moon with hers. I just found it too big for me personally. It is a nice phone though.

I saw a lady with a 6+ in a huge hot pink and black case while I was at the mall today, and for a minute, I was a little envious of that screen. But the 6 is a more comfortable size for me overall too.

Anyway, they're both good phones for those of us who use two hands routinely to text, etc. I just like to stick mine in my front jeans pocket a little too often for the 6+ to be practical.

vmaniqui

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2013
California
I had the plus for 2 days but hated the size. I got the 6 and I'm happy now. My daughter in law got the plus at the same time and she is over the moon with hers. I just found it too big for me personally. It is a nice phone though.

it will take longer than 2 days to adjust to the size and to learn to appreciate the +. you should have given yourself more time.

themyst

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
Wife is 5'3" and has a 6+. At first she complained about the size and weight but any complaints subside when she's using it to watch movies.

She doesn't care since she carries a purse around.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
it will take longer than 2 days to adjust to the size and to learn to appreciate the +. you should have given yourself more time.
Perhaps but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have made a difference in my case because I do value portability over screen size. One factor might be that I went from a 4s to the 6+. Without a home phone I tend to carry my phone around the house a lot also. At any rate the Plus is a fantastic phone regardless of my personal preference.

papergraffiti

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2014
I just got my Space Gray 64GB 6+ on Friday and I am totally in love. I wasn't going to upgrade for a while, but I got tempted when one of the alert services sent me a message that the nearby stores had some available. I went for a 128GB, but they sold the last one to the guy just in front of me. 64 should be plenty of room, though.

I was worried that the 6+ would be too big for my tiny child hands, but when I compared a coworker's 6 to another coworker's 6+, I just felt like the 6 wasn't that big of a jump from my 5. Like a lot of other ladies have said, I use my phone two-handed for texting already anyway, so not being able to type one-handed wasn't a concern for me. For everything else I've been fine doing the "pinky cradle." :) I'm thinking about getting this finger loop thing I saw on ReadWrite for instances where I'm taking pictures and want additional hand stability.

readwrite.com/2014/12/11/iphone-6-plus-small-hands-accessories

I did feel very uneasy about not having it in a case. I didn't like the Apple cases so I went immediately to Best Buy and you'd have thought I had a loaded weapon, I was handling the iPhone so carefully. I really like the case I got--feels secure, offers a nice bit of protection, and it's colorful. It was also a good deal!

www.bestbuy.com/site/modal-dual-layer-case-for-apple-iphone-6-plus-flowers/8451608.p?id=1219336295049&skuId=8451608&pid=1219336295049&pcatId=abcat0811002

Now to get a new phone wristlet since my old Coach one was sized for my iPhone 5...

stillraining

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2014
I'm a woman and I regretted it the first 3 or 4 days I had it. I put a slim case on it that was way too slippery. Finally I swapped the case for something grippier (a Body Glove case) and it made all the difference.

It really did take about a week for me to get used to it. I came from a Nexus 5, which isn't exactly tiny. It was mostly the weight of it and it being so slippery that bothered me at first. I've had it 2 weeks and now it feels natural in my hand. I love the 6 plus. I carry it in my purse, so the size isn't a big deal to me in that regard. I don't see myself ever going back to anything with a smaller screen. I'm too spoiled now.

Debz72

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Got mine on Saturday, not using it yet as I have to get a case for it but as soon as I opened the box and held It I loved it. It's a gorgeous phone and i don't think it's too big, coming from a 5s.

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA
When I go out for a quick walk I like to slip my 4s in my pocket. Can't do that with a 6 plus otherwise I would have kept it.

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
My 11 yo dd made this for my 6+ for Christmas.

Attachments

• IMG_5225.jpg
    IMG_5225.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 719
  • IMG_5229.jpg
    IMG_5229.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 726

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
One month & 9 days to be precise & still loving my 6+. I got used to it right out of the box because i knew I wanted it since the launch!

I also adorned it with a pretty Vaja grip case�� [/ATTACH]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 193
Last edited:

Fabienne

macrumors 65816
Got mine in October. Love it. Big enough to see nicely, not very heavy at all. I can read books easily, look at movies, it is more like having a pocket computer than any smartphone I ever owned. Love it and won't go back. I do have small hands, BTW.

Rina11

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2012
Maryland
In Love :)

Ive had my Gold 6 plus for about 2 months now and I'm in love with this phone. It took me a while to get use to the size of the phone giving that I had the iPhone 5s before that. My boyfriend had convinced me to get the 6 plus(he wanted us to have the same phone) Lol I'm 5,3 and 95 pounds with childlike hands and it hasn't affected my ability to handle the phone.

I do not regret my decsion at all :)

tiartrop

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008
I have female friends who got 6+ and they like it a lot. The phones don't look awkwardly big or anything, a bit unexpected to be honest, but I can't even tell 6 or 6+ apart from far distance.

I personally like to put my phone in my pants pocket so 6 was the better choice for me, and I never watch movies or youtube videos.

Suggested the 6+ to my mum whose aging eyes would appreciate the larger screen, but she refused on the basis that it would ridiculous next to her small face. Never thought that would come up as a reason.

Pennyk

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2013
Still unsure if I should choose 6+ over 6.
Bigger battery and the image stabilization are big + but unsure about the size.
Well, I just need to go and test it and think and re-test and think more about it, if it is too big or not for me.
I have very small hands so :/
:mad:

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
I can't believe I actually debated and worried about which one to get. Even had both in the house at the same time. Thank god I got the bigger one.

PennyK - it also takes 'significantly' better pics in lower light situations. I tested. And the increase in battery life was significant as well.

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
I can't believe I actually debated and worried about which one to get. Even had both in the house at the same time. Thank god I got the bigger one.

PennyK - it also takes 'significantly' better pics in lower light situations. I tested. And the increase in battery life was significant as well.

Significantly? Do you have a review or a good example to back up that statement? It all points to being a very small/negligible difference from several different reviewers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.