Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mark28265

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2014
A festive greetings Everybody,
I have just found this site which has a fast amount of info,
After months of getting my head around the Mac , been converted from windows I took the decision to split my hard drive with iOS ,and windows7 with help from Apple care,
My question which is simple but I have forgot lol,
Which keys do I press when I switch on my mac to choose which operating system to use,

Thanks in Advance
Mark based in the uk Yorkshire

Wishing you all. Merry Christmas

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
You hold down the alt-button upon start.

Also, iOS is the name os the operating system for iPad and iPhone. OSX is the name you are looking for, which is the name for the Mac system.

Ulenspiegel

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2014
Land of Flanders and Elsewhere
Hello Mark,

When I switched to Mac these books helped a lot:

Attachments

• lrg.jpg
    lrg.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 51pNwEHQ7HL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    51pNwEHQ7HL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 201

zarathu

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2003
Unless you have really heavy lifting to do in the Windows section, you don't have to choose. You can run Windows in a Cage(I mean a window). You can pay for this privilege using either Parallels or Virtual VM, or you can download the free Oracle Virtual Box(which I did), and use that easily.

You can load any other system like linux or commodore or amiga or next or even the first mac system into it also, although I've heard of people who did that, I don't actually know anybody.

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
Unless you have really heavy lifting to do in the Windows section, you don't have to choose. You can run Windows in a Cage(I mean a window). You can pay for this privilege using either Parallels or Virtual VM, or you can download the free Oracle Virtual Box(which I did), and use that easily.

You can load any other system like linux or commodore or amiga or next or even the first mac system into it also, although I've heard of people who did that, I don't actually know anybody.
Why are you replying to a 2 year old thread? Let it RIP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.