Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Strangely, some of the default playlists such as "recently added", "recently played", and "most played" no longer appear on my iphone 6, but do still appear in iTunes. Is this normal, or is it just me?

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Come on. Over 200 views but no one has anything to say? If I had made another thread about RAM or what's the best screen size it would be on its third page by now.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Am I wrong though? Maybe if I had called it "playlist-gate".

Seriously though, I just wanted to give the thread a bump before it drifted off the first page. Even a response of "it's just you" would be helpful.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
It's Just You--;)

Only thing I lost was Tones which is known issue. As much as I love the Plus, I dislike iTunes and iCloud Drive.

Been using TunsGo Retro to back all that stuff up to iMac--:)

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Truly odd... But some Googling of the issue have yielded reports of this happening as far back as 2012. Haven't yet found an explanation or a fix. Someone here must have some idea, right?

It's not that big a deal, but now it's mainly curiosity that is driving me.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Try this. Check selected music and check just the playlists you want and sync. It will erase all music and add just the playlists. After that is done syncing, then go back and load your music back on.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
I've never seen that playlist on any of my devices, only on my computer. Why not just create a new playlist? Or even a smart list? I have several smart list of my favorite Artist(s).

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Try this. Check selected music and check just the playlists you want and sync. It will erase all music and add just the playlists. After that is done syncing, then go back and load your music back on.

I appreciate the suggestion. I'm really curious why the playlists in question disappeared in the first place though.

----------

I've never seen that playlist on any of my devices, only on my computer. Why not just create a new playlist? Or even a smart list? I have several smart list of my favorite Artist(s).

I'm not sure that that would address the underlying problem. The playlists that are missing are not the ones that I specifically create, it's the ones like "recently added" and "recently played". These are obviously dynamic playlists.
"Recently Played", "Recently Added", and "Most Played" have always appeared on every iPod and iPhone I've owned until now. I miss "recently added" the most because sometimes I just want to listen to the new songs I just added in the past week or so. It would be a little annoying to have to manually make a new playlist for each week.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.