Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danmickread

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
Hi,

I have an iMac 2011 running OS X 10.10.
When i had mountain lion i had disabled dark wake by editing the com.apple.boot.plist file so that i could wake my mac using iPhone and then i could use team viewer.
Since upgrading to Yosemite when i wake my mac the screen still sleeps and i can't see my mac in Team viewer.
I have looked at the com.apple.boot.plist and tried to edit it as before in mountain lion but it looks different.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks Dan

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I haven't messed w dark mode, however this might point you in the right direction: Yosemite: Enable dark mode with a keyboard shortcut (hotkey)
Code:
 sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist _HIEnableThemeSwitchHotKey -bool true
This at least is a different plist than the one you've been searching.

It's a different plist, because it's unrelated to the OPs question (except for the word "dark" :D )

Dark mode changes the appearance of your desktop, giving you dark menus and Dock.

"Dark wake" is a feature of Power Nap, that allows you to wake up your Mac remotely without turning the local screen on. (Waking to a dark screen )

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I think that you might modify this file on your Mac...
Code:
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.PowerManagement.plist

I don't know what change to make, but that file looks like a more correct place to make the mod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.