Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adyf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
I have a setup where I have Windows 8.1 installed through bootcamp on a separate partition. I haven't booted into bootcamp natively for a while and have updated to Yosemite in the meantime. Now quite often when I try and boot into bootcamp it loads windows and I see the windows desktop for a few seconds and then it reboots automatically back into OS X. I have also had this behaviour when booting into OS X Utilities too.

I've tried everything from scanning partitions for errors in disk utility to deleting the bootcamp partition, recreating it and restoring a winclone image and also reinstalling windows afresh, yet the issue is still there. I can get into windows eventually after two or three attempts however.

I'm inclined to think it may be a Yosemite issue as I've tried most other things that I can think of with the exception of going back to Mavericks. Just wondered if anyone might have any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.