Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedisaga

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
Havertown, PA
All,

Misplaced my IPT 5g about a month ago and was wondering if there was a way to track it down. I never activated "find my device" so I'm guessing the answer is no way. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

J

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
Alas, you're out of luck if you didn't activate the Find my Phone app.

But all may not be lost. Keep looking. My daughter lost her iPod Touch about a year ago. Searched everywhere, then forgot about it. While looking for something else a few weeks ago, it was found in the side pocket of one of the family cars. She charged the battery overnight and it was as good as new.

Sometimes things will pop up where we least expect them.

jedisaga

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
Havertown, PA
Alas, you're out of luck if you didn't activate the Find my Phone app.

But all may not be lost. Keep looking. My daughter lost her iPod Touch about a year ago. Searched everywhere, then forgot about it. While looking for something else a few weeks ago, it was found in the side pocket of one of the family cars. She charged the battery overnight and it was as good as new.

Sometimes things will pop up where we least expect them.

Thanks Aspasia!

Actually, that bit of hope helps. Definitely keeping an eye out for it after the holidays.

J

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.