Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wetcanvas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
I bought a game from GoG and it never came with a serial number. It just had the full game download and played perfectly with no internet connection. Is this because its DRM free? I think I kind of like that. Not having to deal with keys and such. If this is the case I will likely buy more games from them.

Last edited:

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
Everything you buy from GoG is yours to own. Unlike the DRM that implements the logic "you don't own the game, you just buy the license to play it" that is used by Steam,Origin etc, GoG offers you the game itself, no strings attached.

Of course, they lack lots of latest triple-A titles because of that. But if a game I want is offered, I prefer them than any other store.

On a side note, it's the same company behind the excellent "The Witcher" RPG series.

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
If there is a serial number for multiplayer, it is probably on the games info page on your "bookshelf" -- just go to your account, click on the library option, and go to the game...look underneath the download buttons for a serial number.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.