Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yellowsnn0w

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2011
backblaze is the one to go with.

very simple and puristic interface, does a great job, good price, native client

by the way, tried crashplan: its java, and it just looks ugly...not that its the most important thing, but that bar icon on retina macs looks just ugly..

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
backblaze is the one to go with.

very simple and puristic interface, does a great job, good price, native client

by the way, tried crashplan: its java, and it just looks ugly...not that its the most important thing, but that bar icon on retina macs looks just ugly..
There are two reasons why I am not so crazy about Backblaze:

1) No family plan pricing that I can see. Pricing is per computer. I have 8 Macs being backed up... so this would get expensive.

2) It appears that versioning is only 30days. I use Crashplan which has unlimited versioning. This is important in the event of inadvertent deletion (something I have done)... which can certainly not be noticed during the first 30 days.

/Jim

Sossity

macrumors 65816
May 12, 2010
online backup services

I am looking for an offsite backup, and since I work at home, I do not have an office or anywhere else to store my backup hard drives. my bank does not offer a safety deposit box.

I am also on a budget, and cannot afford pricy monthly payments.

from someonline rsearch, there are online backup services that offer unlimited storage, I need that as I have alot of data, pictures and documents.

the only drawback is, my internet connection is slow.

has anybody used online backup? what would be the best? I found one called backblaze that offers unlimited storage for $5.00 a month. this seems good, but I have concerns; what would stop that rate from creeping up each year? what if the company goes broke or dissapears from the web?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.