Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Hello everyone!

We are happy to announce PDF Office, a new desktop class application for creating forms and editing text in PDFs.

http://vimeo.com/113378346

This is the most powerful PDF editor with the ability to:
-create PDF notes
-create fillable PDF forms
-edit inline text
-scan paper documents into fillable PDF forms
-convert anything into PDF files

And much more. It's free to try.
Here's the link.

Your feedback is highly appreciated:)

Last edited:

fanchee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
Can you comment on the differences between this new app and the older ones, such as PDF Expert, Scanner Pro, and PDF Converter? What can the new one do that these others cannot?

Thanks.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Can you comment on the differences between this new app and the older ones, such as PDF Expert, Scanner Pro, and PDF Converter? What can the new one do that these others cannot?

Thanks.

From what I see, PDF Office's main draw is that it allows you to edit pdfs (as in make changes to the underlying pdf document) and turn them into fillable forms that you can then type straight into (as opposed to just annotating on top of it). I have tried it and it works very well.

It also replicates a lot of the functionality of the other apps, but not entirely. For example, PDF office can turn photos into scans, but it lacks the photo extension that Scanner Pro has. It can turn websites into pdfs, but it lacks the browser extension for PDF converter (which of this time of typing, is also available for the iPhone).

It's also still a bit buggy. For instance, when I try to turn a photo into a pdf, the end result is extremely low-res and blurry. Nothing that can't be ironed out with a patch, I imagine. :)

You can use it to house all your documents, but the app feels more bloated and laggy (at least on my iPad retina mini) and the interface is somewhat reminiscent of Office (and I don't mean this as a compliment), so you will still want to fall back on PDF expert to manage your pdf library. I mean, PDF Office gets kicked out of memory when I switch out to Safari.

Bottom line, Readdle has apparently gone out of their way to ensure that PDF Office doesn't entirely obsolete your existing apps, so you don't kick yourself over having bought them previously. That said, moving forward, I can see Readdle consolidating all these apps into one single PDF Office app and continuing with their subscription service. Their apps are easily the best I have used and what better way to corner the market? :D

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009

Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for your interest to our apps)

When you need to create a PDF form or edit text in PDF document - your choice is PDF Office. For those who need to fill out forms or annotate PDF documents - we recommend PDF Expert 5. Scanner Pro and PDF Converter will help you to convert any document to PDF or save real paper document to good looking JPEG or PDF file.

Let us know if you need additional info about the apps.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
From what I see, PDF Office's main draw is that it allows you to edit pdfs (as in make changes to the underlying pdf document) and turn them into fillable forms that you can then type straight into (as opposed to just annotating on top of it). I have tried it and it works very well.

It also replicates a lot of the functionality of the other apps, but not entirely. For example, PDF office can turn photos into scans, but it lacks the photo extension that Scanner Pro has. It can turn websites into pdfs, but it lacks the browser extension for PDF converter (which of this time of typing, is also available for the iPhone).

It's also still a bit buggy. For instance, when I try to turn a photo into a pdf, the end result is extremely low-res and blurry. Nothing that can't be ironed out with a patch, I imagine. :)

You can use it to house all your documents, but the app feels more bloated and laggy (at least on my iPad retina mini) and the interface is somewhat reminiscent of Office (and I don't mean this as a compliment), so you will still want to fall back on PDF expert to manage your pdf library. I mean, PDF Office gets kicked out of memory when I switch out to Safari.

Bottom line, Readdle has apparently gone out of their way to ensure that PDF Office doesn't entirely obsolete your existing apps, so you don't kick yourself over having bought them previously. That said, moving forward, I can see Readdle consolidating all these apps into one single PDF Office app and continuing with their subscription service. Their apps are easily the best I have used and what better way to corner the market? :D

Hello,

Glad you enjoy our apps)

You are absolutely right, PDF Expert 5 and PDF Office are two different apps, with different use-cases and core users.

Can you please send us more details about the issues you had while using PDF Office at rdsupport@readdle.com? It would be great if you send us examples of your documents.

Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.