Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
I have been using gfxCardStatus to monitor which graphics card my MacBook Pro has been using for years now. It's always worked without a hitch. I upgraded my computer to a new high end 15" rMBP and it doesn't appear to work properly. It's very glitchy. The problem more likely lies with Yosemite than the hardware, but I've had to disable it for now.

gfxCardStatus doesn't appear to be developed anymore. Are there any good alternatives that do the same job? Free or paid.

someoneoutthere

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2014
Someplaceoutthere
I upgraded my computer to a new high end 15" rMBP and it doesn't appear to work properly.
I have been using it with no problem for months now. The "integrated/discrete only" selection takes two clicks (as in you need to repeat your selection); and that's the way it's been through Mavericks and currently Yosemite. I haven't experienced any other "glitches".

jantoman

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2014
Italy
On my MBP with Yosemite, there are many applications (mostly Java-based) that just override gfxCardStatus settings, during startup or quit. I couldn't find a way to stick to "internal" GPU exclusively... my MPB 2010 is affected by the NVIDIA GT330 restarting issue. I'll bring it to the reballing lab in the next days, but it would be useful to get it working in the meantime.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.