Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Puga2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2014
Hello!

My old Apple ID account has been deleted and signed out of my iPhone (in iCloud and iTunes/app settings). New account has been logged in.

Yet when I try to update/download apps from App Store app, my phone still asks for the password to the old account that doesn't exist anymore!

I put in my old password and of course it doesn't work. What can I do?

I also have a factory unlock on my phone, completed in the uk.

Thank you!

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hello!

My old Apple ID account has been deleted and signed out of my iPhone (in iCloud and iTunes/app settings). New account has been logged in.

Yet when I try to update/download apps from App Store app, my phone still asks for the password to the old account that doesn't exist anymore!

I put in my old password and of course it doesn't work. What can I do?

I also have a factory unlock on my phone, completed in the uk.

Thank you!

When you buy or download an app, it is associated with the Apple ID used at that time. If it's necessary to ask for a passcode, it will ask for one that was used to purchase the app. That's on of many reasons that it is not advisable to change Apple IDs.

azhava

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2010
Arizona, USA
When you buy or download an app, it is associated with the Apple ID used at that time. If it's necessary to ask for a passcode, it will ask for one that was used to purchase the app. That's on of many reasons that it is not advisable to change Apple IDs.
^ This. I changed Apple IDs and had a couple apps left on my phone which were downloaded under a prior Apple ID, causing the phone to ask for the old account password each time I updated/reloaded those apps. The solution was to figure out which apps they were, delete them and re-download them under my current Apple ID.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.